Lupe Fiasco Confirms to Be Japanese Cartoon's Frontman
Rapper Lupe Fiasco has confirmed he's the brains behind punk band Japanese Cartoon-two years after insisting he was simply an admirer of the group. The Superstar MC was rumored to have teamed up with the new act in 2009 to provide vocals for two tracks posted on their MySpace.com page, under the alias "Percival Fats".
Members of Japanese Cartoon denied the claims in a post online and U.S. rapper Fiasco also spoke out to dismiss the rumors after fans became convinced he could be heard singing on the songs. But Fiasco has now come clean - revealing he formed Japanese Cartoon and adopted a British accent to front the group after coming up with a song idea that didn't fit his image.
He tells Nylon magazine, "I had a riff in my head and I had a friend who played bass in the studio... and another guy who played drums and another guy on guitar, and I put some distortion on my voice and sang in a British accent and... you got punk. It was just something I had to do... Those are the songs I'll sing when I'm in the shower or driving in a car."
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung