Lupe Fiasco Confirms to Be Japanese Cartoon's Frontman
Rapper Lupe Fiasco has confirmed he's the brains behind punk band Japanese Cartoon-two years after insisting he was simply an admirer of the group. The Superstar MC was rumored to have teamed up with the new act in 2009 to provide vocals for two tracks posted on their MySpace.com page, under the alias "Percival Fats".
Members of Japanese Cartoon denied the claims in a post online and U.S. rapper Fiasco also spoke out to dismiss the rumors after fans became convinced he could be heard singing on the songs. But Fiasco has now come clean - revealing he formed Japanese Cartoon and adopted a British accent to front the group after coming up with a song idea that didn't fit his image.
He tells Nylon magazine, "I had a riff in my head and I had a friend who played bass in the studio... and another guy who played drums and another guy on guitar, and I put some distortion on my voice and sang in a British accent and... you got punk. It was just something I had to do... Those are the songs I'll sing when I'm in the shower or driving in a car."
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof