Lupe Fiasco Confirms to Be Japanese Cartoon's Frontman
Rapper Lupe Fiasco has confirmed he's the brains behind punk band Japanese Cartoon-two years after insisting he was simply an admirer of the group. The Superstar MC was rumored to have teamed up with the new act in 2009 to provide vocals for two tracks posted on their MySpace.com page, under the alias "Percival Fats".
Members of Japanese Cartoon denied the claims in a post online and U.S. rapper Fiasco also spoke out to dismiss the rumors after fans became convinced he could be heard singing on the songs. But Fiasco has now come clean - revealing he formed Japanese Cartoon and adopted a British accent to front the group after coming up with a song idea that didn't fit his image.
He tells Nylon magazine, "I had a riff in my head and I had a friend who played bass in the studio... and another guy who played drums and another guy on guitar, and I put some distortion on my voice and sang in a British accent and... you got punk. It was just something I had to do... Those are the songs I'll sing when I'm in the shower or driving in a car."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special