Oscar De La Hoya to Visit U.S. Troops and Teach Them Boxing
Former boxing champ-turned-singer and entrepreneur Oscar De La Hoya is set to visit U.S. troops based in the Middle East and teach them how to fight in the ring. The Olympic gold medalist and former 10-time world boxing champion is planning a top-secret mission to undisclosed locations, where he'll stage fight clinics with his Golden Boy stable of boxers.
Up-and-coming professionals Adrien Broner, Daniel Jacobs and Seth Mitchell will join De La Hoya on the trip. A spokesman for the United Service Organization (USO) - the group behind the initiative - says, "It's a mission to boost troop morale. The group will participate in boxing clinics, share techniques and extend their thanks to America's troops serving in the Middle East."
This year the USO celebrates 70 years of service to troops and their families. Entertainment tours are one of the many ways the USO lifts the spirits of our nation's heroes and their families.
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?