Oscar De La Hoya to Visit U.S. Troops and Teach Them Boxing
Former boxing champ-turned-singer and entrepreneur Oscar De La Hoya is set to visit U.S. troops based in the Middle East and teach them how to fight in the ring. The Olympic gold medalist and former 10-time world boxing champion is planning a top-secret mission to undisclosed locations, where he'll stage fight clinics with his Golden Boy stable of boxers.
Up-and-coming professionals Adrien Broner, Daniel Jacobs and Seth Mitchell will join De La Hoya on the trip. A spokesman for the United Service Organization (USO) - the group behind the initiative - says, "It's a mission to boost troop morale. The group will participate in boxing clinics, share techniques and extend their thanks to America's troops serving in the Middle East."
This year the USO celebrates 70 years of service to troops and their families. Entertainment tours are one of the many ways the USO lifts the spirits of our nation's heroes and their families.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child