Oscar De La Hoya to Visit U.S. Troops and Teach Them Boxing
Former boxing champ-turned-singer and entrepreneur Oscar De La Hoya is set to visit U.S. troops based in the Middle East and teach them how to fight in the ring. The Olympic gold medalist and former 10-time world boxing champion is planning a top-secret mission to undisclosed locations, where he'll stage fight clinics with his Golden Boy stable of boxers.
Up-and-coming professionals Adrien Broner, Daniel Jacobs and Seth Mitchell will join De La Hoya on the trip. A spokesman for the United Service Organization (USO) - the group behind the initiative - says, "It's a mission to boost troop morale. The group will participate in boxing clinics, share techniques and extend their thanks to America's troops serving in the Middle East."
This year the USO celebrates 70 years of service to troops and their families. Entertainment tours are one of the many ways the USO lifts the spirits of our nation's heroes and their families.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked