Oscar De La Hoya to Visit U.S. Troops and Teach Them Boxing
Former boxing champ-turned-singer and entrepreneur Oscar De La Hoya is set to visit U.S. troops based in the Middle East and teach them how to fight in the ring. The Olympic gold medalist and former 10-time world boxing champion is planning a top-secret mission to undisclosed locations, where he'll stage fight clinics with his Golden Boy stable of boxers.
Up-and-coming professionals Adrien Broner, Daniel Jacobs and Seth Mitchell will join De La Hoya on the trip. A spokesman for the United Service Organization (USO) - the group behind the initiative - says, "It's a mission to boost troop morale. The group will participate in boxing clinics, share techniques and extend their thanks to America's troops serving in the Middle East."
This year the USO celebrates 70 years of service to troops and their families. Entertainment tours are one of the many ways the USO lifts the spirits of our nation's heroes and their families.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'