Oscar De La Hoya to Visit U.S. Troops and Teach Them Boxing
Former boxing champ-turned-singer and entrepreneur Oscar De La Hoya is set to visit U.S. troops based in the Middle East and teach them how to fight in the ring. The Olympic gold medalist and former 10-time world boxing champion is planning a top-secret mission to undisclosed locations, where he'll stage fight clinics with his Golden Boy stable of boxers.
Up-and-coming professionals Adrien Broner, Daniel Jacobs and Seth Mitchell will join De La Hoya on the trip. A spokesman for the United Service Organization (USO) - the group behind the initiative - says, "It's a mission to boost troop morale. The group will participate in boxing clinics, share techniques and extend their thanks to America's troops serving in the Middle East."
This year the USO celebrates 70 years of service to troops and their families. Entertainment tours are one of the many ways the USO lifts the spirits of our nation's heroes and their families.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed