Charlie Sheen Defends Name-Calling Chuck Lorre
Charlie Sheen has slammed allegations of anti-Semitism after blasting "Two and a Half Men" writer Chuck Lorre by his Hebrew name in an angry online missive. The actor fired off a curt open letter to TMZ.com after TV producers announced they were shutting down production on the hit sitcom for the rest of the season.
In the message, Sheen unleashed his hatred for Lorre, calling him Chaim Levine, the Hebrew translation of the creator's birth name. The reference prompted some critics to accuse Sheen of using Lorre's Jewish name in a derogatory manner - but the embattled star has hit out at the claims.
He tells TMZ.com, "I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the bulls**t TV persona." And Sheen, whose actor father Martin Sheen changed his family name from Estevez for film, is rattled by the anti-Semite allegations because of his own Latin roots. He adds, "So you're telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?"
Producers announced there would be no more "Two and a Half Men" this season after Sheen took to the airwaves on Thursday, February 24 and launched a vicious radio rant about creator Lorre, attacking the writer for his lack of "gratitude" and branding him "a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk" for suspending filming on "Two and a Half Men".
The hiatus was initiated in January to allow Sheen to attend rehab for substance abuse issues. Filming was expected to resume next week. The actor is refusing to take the season cancellation seriously - in a text message to the presenters of U.S. breakfast show "Good Morning America" on Friday, he claimed he is "100 per cent clean" and intends to show up for work on the Los Angeles set on Tuesday as previously planned.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny