Charlie Sheen Defends Name-Calling Chuck Lorre
Charlie Sheen has slammed allegations of anti-Semitism after blasting "Two and a Half Men" writer Chuck Lorre by his Hebrew name in an angry online missive. The actor fired off a curt open letter to TMZ.com after TV producers announced they were shutting down production on the hit sitcom for the rest of the season.
In the message, Sheen unleashed his hatred for Lorre, calling him Chaim Levine, the Hebrew translation of the creator's birth name. The reference prompted some critics to accuse Sheen of using Lorre's Jewish name in a derogatory manner - but the embattled star has hit out at the claims.
He tells TMZ.com, "I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the bulls**t TV persona." And Sheen, whose actor father Martin Sheen changed his family name from Estevez for film, is rattled by the anti-Semite allegations because of his own Latin roots. He adds, "So you're telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?"
Producers announced there would be no more "Two and a Half Men" this season after Sheen took to the airwaves on Thursday, February 24 and launched a vicious radio rant about creator Lorre, attacking the writer for his lack of "gratitude" and branding him "a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk" for suspending filming on "Two and a Half Men".
The hiatus was initiated in January to allow Sheen to attend rehab for substance abuse issues. Filming was expected to resume next week. The actor is refusing to take the season cancellation seriously - in a text message to the presenters of U.S. breakfast show "Good Morning America" on Friday, he claimed he is "100 per cent clean" and intends to show up for work on the Los Angeles set on Tuesday as previously planned.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army