Charlie Sheen Defends Name-Calling Chuck Lorre
Charlie Sheen has slammed allegations of anti-Semitism after blasting "Two and a Half Men" writer Chuck Lorre by his Hebrew name in an angry online missive. The actor fired off a curt open letter to TMZ.com after TV producers announced they were shutting down production on the hit sitcom for the rest of the season.
In the message, Sheen unleashed his hatred for Lorre, calling him Chaim Levine, the Hebrew translation of the creator's birth name. The reference prompted some critics to accuse Sheen of using Lorre's Jewish name in a derogatory manner - but the embattled star has hit out at the claims.
He tells TMZ.com, "I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the bulls**t TV persona." And Sheen, whose actor father Martin Sheen changed his family name from Estevez for film, is rattled by the anti-Semite allegations because of his own Latin roots. He adds, "So you're telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?"
Producers announced there would be no more "Two and a Half Men" this season after Sheen took to the airwaves on Thursday, February 24 and launched a vicious radio rant about creator Lorre, attacking the writer for his lack of "gratitude" and branding him "a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk" for suspending filming on "Two and a Half Men".
The hiatus was initiated in January to allow Sheen to attend rehab for substance abuse issues. Filming was expected to resume next week. The actor is refusing to take the season cancellation seriously - in a text message to the presenters of U.S. breakfast show "Good Morning America" on Friday, he claimed he is "100 per cent clean" and intends to show up for work on the Los Angeles set on Tuesday as previously planned.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune