Charo: Lady GaGa Is Madonna With Diarrhea
Latino variety star Charo has blasted Lady GaGa for "copying" Madonna, insisting she takes her entire act from the Material Girl's Blonde Ambition years. The "Poker Face" hitmaker released her hotly-anticipated new single "Born This Way" earlier this month and immediately faced criticism it was a re-write of Madonna's "Express Yourself".
Now singer/actress Charo has joined the growing group of Gaga detractors - accusing her of "adopting" the Queen of Pop's style. She tells Sirius XM, "I can tell you, to me, Lady GaGa is Madonna with diarrhea... I don't like it when somebody copies somebody and just adopts it - like their own idea."
Charo is only one of many artists out there with criticism against GaGa. Chris Daughtry tweeted, "Just listened to a clip of Lady Gaga 'Born This Way' and I gotta say ... sounds a lot like 'Express Yourself' from Madonna. Thoughts? OK. Good. A lotta peeps are saying the same thing so maybe I won't get raked over the coals :)"
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs