Scarlett Johansson's Oscar Appearance in Jeopardy After Dad Falls
Scarlett Johansson's turn presenting an Oscar at the upcoming Academy Awards has been thrown into doubt - her father is in a "critical" condition in hospital after a fall near his home. The "Lost in Translation" star is due to hand out an honor at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 27, but could be set to abandon her plans after her dad took a tumble in New York.
Karsten Johansson was injured when his legs gave way as he walked along a street near his apartment in Manhattan on Wednesday, February 23 night , according to New York Post gossip column PageSix. "Family members stated he's suffered from an aneurism in the past," one source said.
He suffered a "huge gash" and is in a "critical but stable" condition at the city's Bellevue Hospital. His famous daughter Scarlett was in Los Angeles at the time of the incident.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!