Scarlett Johansson's Oscar Appearance in Jeopardy After Dad Falls
Scarlett Johansson's turn presenting an Oscar at the upcoming Academy Awards has been thrown into doubt - her father is in a "critical" condition in hospital after a fall near his home. The "Lost in Translation" star is due to hand out an honor at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 27, but could be set to abandon her plans after her dad took a tumble in New York.
Karsten Johansson was injured when his legs gave way as he walked along a street near his apartment in Manhattan on Wednesday, February 23 night , according to New York Post gossip column PageSix. "Family members stated he's suffered from an aneurism in the past," one source said.
He suffered a "huge gash" and is in a "critical but stable" condition at the city's Bellevue Hospital. His famous daughter Scarlett was in Los Angeles at the time of the incident.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars