Scarlett Johansson's Oscar Appearance in Jeopardy After Dad Falls
Scarlett Johansson's turn presenting an Oscar at the upcoming Academy Awards has been thrown into doubt - her father is in a "critical" condition in hospital after a fall near his home. The "Lost in Translation" star is due to hand out an honor at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 27, but could be set to abandon her plans after her dad took a tumble in New York.
Karsten Johansson was injured when his legs gave way as he walked along a street near his apartment in Manhattan on Wednesday, February 23 night , according to New York Post gossip column PageSix. "Family members stated he's suffered from an aneurism in the past," one source said.
He suffered a "huge gash" and is in a "critical but stable" condition at the city's Bellevue Hospital. His famous daughter Scarlett was in Los Angeles at the time of the incident.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked