Scarlett Johansson's Oscar Appearance in Jeopardy After Dad Falls
Scarlett Johansson's turn presenting an Oscar at the upcoming Academy Awards has been thrown into doubt - her father is in a "critical" condition in hospital after a fall near his home. The "Lost in Translation" star is due to hand out an honor at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 27, but could be set to abandon her plans after her dad took a tumble in New York.
Karsten Johansson was injured when his legs gave way as he walked along a street near his apartment in Manhattan on Wednesday, February 23 night , according to New York Post gossip column PageSix. "Family members stated he's suffered from an aneurism in the past," one source said.
He suffered a "huge gash" and is in a "critical but stable" condition at the city's Bellevue Hospital. His famous daughter Scarlett was in Los Angeles at the time of the incident.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo