Scarlett Johansson's Oscar Appearance in Jeopardy After Dad Falls
Scarlett Johansson's turn presenting an Oscar at the upcoming Academy Awards has been thrown into doubt - her father is in a "critical" condition in hospital after a fall near his home. The "Lost in Translation" star is due to hand out an honor at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 27, but could be set to abandon her plans after her dad took a tumble in New York.
Karsten Johansson was injured when his legs gave way as he walked along a street near his apartment in Manhattan on Wednesday, February 23 night , according to New York Post gossip column PageSix. "Family members stated he's suffered from an aneurism in the past," one source said.
He suffered a "huge gash" and is in a "critical but stable" condition at the city's Bellevue Hospital. His famous daughter Scarlett was in Los Angeles at the time of the incident.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage