Dior's Designer Arrested for Verbal Assaults and Suspended
Fashion icon John Galliano has been arrested after allegedly hurling anti-Semitic insults at a couple during a night out in Paris. The flamboyant designer was drinking at a bar in the Marais district of the French capital when he began verbally assaulting two strangers sitting on a cafe terrace, according to Britain's Guardian newspaper.
Galliano, the head designer of Christian Dior, was taken to a police station for a sobriety test. The state prosecutor recommended his release and charges were not filed. Cops later escorted the 50 year old to his home in the city.
The arrest comes just days before the launch of Paris Fashion Week, where couture house Dior's show is one of the main attractions.
The fashion house has released a statement, saying "Christian Dior has been informed of accusations that John Galliano, its designer, made anti-Semitic remarks in an incident last evening in Paris. Sidney Toledano, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Christian Dior Couture, said, 'Christian Dior has an unequivocal zero-tolerance policy regarding anti-Semitism and racism.' Christian Dior has suspended John Galliano from his position, pending the conclusion of the investigation being conducted by authorities."
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video