Dior's Designer Arrested for Verbal Assaults and Suspended
Fashion icon John Galliano has been arrested after allegedly hurling anti-Semitic insults at a couple during a night out in Paris. The flamboyant designer was drinking at a bar in the Marais district of the French capital when he began verbally assaulting two strangers sitting on a cafe terrace, according to Britain's Guardian newspaper.
Galliano, the head designer of Christian Dior, was taken to a police station for a sobriety test. The state prosecutor recommended his release and charges were not filed. Cops later escorted the 50 year old to his home in the city.
The arrest comes just days before the launch of Paris Fashion Week, where couture house Dior's show is one of the main attractions.
The fashion house has released a statement, saying "Christian Dior has been informed of accusations that John Galliano, its designer, made anti-Semitic remarks in an incident last evening in Paris. Sidney Toledano, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Christian Dior Couture, said, 'Christian Dior has an unequivocal zero-tolerance policy regarding anti-Semitism and racism.' Christian Dior has suspended John Galliano from his position, pending the conclusion of the investigation being conducted by authorities."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'