Pamela Anderson Downs Dirty Water on 'Ellen'
Pamela Anderson guzzled a glass of dirty water on U.S. TV on Thursday, February 24 to show how a cheap new filter process works. The model/actress was promoting charity organization Waves For Water on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" when she agreed to show the host just how new technology turns filthy liquid into drinking water in the world's poorest regions.
She pulled out a bucket full of dirty water, attached a filter hose and poured the liquid into a glass. She said, "This is a crude, simple thing; it's based on dialysis - if you can clean blood, you can clean water... It's drinkable; I'm gonna drink it right now."
"I took them (filter bags) to India when I went to India and did a demonstration there and I gave it to a bunch of people and then they take it to different places and we just keep on kinda spreading it around... the slums of Brazil, my friends are there right now."
DeGeneres then presented Anderson with a $10,000 cheque for the Waves For Water charity from water filter firm Aquasana.
More Pamela Anderson News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show