Pamela Anderson Downs Dirty Water on 'Ellen'
Pamela Anderson guzzled a glass of dirty water on U.S. TV on Thursday, February 24 to show how a cheap new filter process works. The model/actress was promoting charity organization Waves For Water on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" when she agreed to show the host just how new technology turns filthy liquid into drinking water in the world's poorest regions.
She pulled out a bucket full of dirty water, attached a filter hose and poured the liquid into a glass. She said, "This is a crude, simple thing; it's based on dialysis - if you can clean blood, you can clean water... It's drinkable; I'm gonna drink it right now."
"I took them (filter bags) to India when I went to India and did a demonstration there and I gave it to a bunch of people and then they take it to different places and we just keep on kinda spreading it around... the slums of Brazil, my friends are there right now."
DeGeneres then presented Anderson with a $10,000 cheque for the Waves For Water charity from water filter firm Aquasana.
More Pamela Anderson News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'