Pamela Anderson Downs Dirty Water on 'Ellen'
Pamela Anderson guzzled a glass of dirty water on U.S. TV on Thursday, February 24 to show how a cheap new filter process works. The model/actress was promoting charity organization Waves For Water on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" when she agreed to show the host just how new technology turns filthy liquid into drinking water in the world's poorest regions.
She pulled out a bucket full of dirty water, attached a filter hose and poured the liquid into a glass. She said, "This is a crude, simple thing; it's based on dialysis - if you can clean blood, you can clean water... It's drinkable; I'm gonna drink it right now."
"I took them (filter bags) to India when I went to India and did a demonstration there and I gave it to a bunch of people and then they take it to different places and we just keep on kinda spreading it around... the slums of Brazil, my friends are there right now."
DeGeneres then presented Anderson with a $10,000 cheque for the Waves For Water charity from water filter firm Aquasana.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group