Kevin Costner May Lose a $4 Million Bronze Statue
Kevin Costner faces losing a $4 million bronze sculpture which has been housed at his own museum, after its creator called for the actor to liquidate the model. The "Bodyguard" star commissioned the bison structure in the 1990s for a failed resort venture in South Dakota.
According to the contract, obtained by TMZ.com, Costner promised to split the profits with artist Peggy Detmers if the hotel wasn't built by 2010 or the statue wasn't "agreeably displayed elsewhere". But the hotel was not built by the scheduled date last year and Detmers alleges she never agreed to let Costner place the sculpture in his museum, where it is currently located.
The artist is now calling for a judge to order him to liquidate the statue, which was constructed over the course of seven years. Detmers was reportedly paid $310,000 for the project, while its current value is estimated at $4 million.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?