Kevin Costner May Lose a $4 Million Bronze Statue
Kevin Costner faces losing a $4 million bronze sculpture which has been housed at his own museum, after its creator called for the actor to liquidate the model. The "Bodyguard" star commissioned the bison structure in the 1990s for a failed resort venture in South Dakota.
According to the contract, obtained by TMZ.com, Costner promised to split the profits with artist Peggy Detmers if the hotel wasn't built by 2010 or the statue wasn't "agreeably displayed elsewhere". But the hotel was not built by the scheduled date last year and Detmers alleges she never agreed to let Costner place the sculpture in his museum, where it is currently located.
The artist is now calling for a judge to order him to liquidate the statue, which was constructed over the course of seven years. Detmers was reportedly paid $310,000 for the project, while its current value is estimated at $4 million.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2