Betty White Wins Gracie Allen Award for 'Hot in Cleveland'
Veteran actress Betty White has landed another honor for her trophy cabinet after winning a Gracie Allen Award for her role in hit comedy "Hot in Cleveland". The former Golden Girls star claimed the Screen Actors Guild accolade for best actress in a comedy series last month and now she's been celebrated at the Alliance for Women in Media's prizegiving.
"Coyote Ugly" actress Piper Perabo's turn in new TV drama "Covert Affairs" earned her the actor in a breakthrough role title, while comedienne Chelsea Handler's late night talk show "Chelsea Lately" was also praised, reports trade paper Daily Variety.
The Gracies, which recognize programming created by, for and about women, will be presented to the winners at the Gracie Awards Luncheon in Los Angeles on May 24.
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!