Betty White Wins Gracie Allen Award for 'Hot in Cleveland'
Veteran actress Betty White has landed another honor for her trophy cabinet after winning a Gracie Allen Award for her role in hit comedy "Hot in Cleveland". The former Golden Girls star claimed the Screen Actors Guild accolade for best actress in a comedy series last month and now she's been celebrated at the Alliance for Women in Media's prizegiving.
"Coyote Ugly" actress Piper Perabo's turn in new TV drama "Covert Affairs" earned her the actor in a breakthrough role title, while comedienne Chelsea Handler's late night talk show "Chelsea Lately" was also praised, reports trade paper Daily Variety.
The Gracies, which recognize programming created by, for and about women, will be presented to the winners at the Gracie Awards Luncheon in Los Angeles on May 24.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns