Betty White Wins Gracie Allen Award for 'Hot in Cleveland'
Veteran actress Betty White has landed another honor for her trophy cabinet after winning a Gracie Allen Award for her role in hit comedy "Hot in Cleveland". The former Golden Girls star claimed the Screen Actors Guild accolade for best actress in a comedy series last month and now she's been celebrated at the Alliance for Women in Media's prizegiving.
"Coyote Ugly" actress Piper Perabo's turn in new TV drama "Covert Affairs" earned her the actor in a breakthrough role title, while comedienne Chelsea Handler's late night talk show "Chelsea Lately" was also praised, reports trade paper Daily Variety.
The Gracies, which recognize programming created by, for and about women, will be presented to the winners at the Gracie Awards Luncheon in Los Angeles on May 24.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism