Betty White Wins Gracie Allen Award for 'Hot in Cleveland'
Veteran actress Betty White has landed another honor for her trophy cabinet after winning a Gracie Allen Award for her role in hit comedy "Hot in Cleveland". The former Golden Girls star claimed the Screen Actors Guild accolade for best actress in a comedy series last month and now she's been celebrated at the Alliance for Women in Media's prizegiving.
"Coyote Ugly" actress Piper Perabo's turn in new TV drama "Covert Affairs" earned her the actor in a breakthrough role title, while comedienne Chelsea Handler's late night talk show "Chelsea Lately" was also praised, reports trade paper Daily Variety.
The Gracies, which recognize programming created by, for and about women, will be presented to the winners at the Gracie Awards Luncheon in Los Angeles on May 24.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money