Betty White Wins Gracie Allen Award for 'Hot in Cleveland'
Veteran actress Betty White has landed another honor for her trophy cabinet after winning a Gracie Allen Award for her role in hit comedy "Hot in Cleveland". The former Golden Girls star claimed the Screen Actors Guild accolade for best actress in a comedy series last month and now she's been celebrated at the Alliance for Women in Media's prizegiving.
"Coyote Ugly" actress Piper Perabo's turn in new TV drama "Covert Affairs" earned her the actor in a breakthrough role title, while comedienne Chelsea Handler's late night talk show "Chelsea Lately" was also praised, reports trade paper Daily Variety.
The Gracies, which recognize programming created by, for and about women, will be presented to the winners at the Gracie Awards Luncheon in Los Angeles on May 24.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes