Tyler Perry to Be Honored at First CinemaCon
Director Tyler Perry will be honored at an upcoming Las Vegas film convention for "singlehandedly" changing the face of Hollywood. The "Madea Goes to Jail" moviemaker will be handed CinemaCon's first ever Visionary Award at their Big Screen Achievement Awards on March 31.
CinemaCon's managing director, Mitch Neuhauser, tells trade publication Daily Variety, "Tyler Perry has singlehandedly changed the landscape of stage, screen and television with bravado, confidence and tremendous commercial and critical success." CinemaCon 2011 kicks off at Caesars Palace on March 28.
"I am so pleased to be recognized with this award from CinemaCon," Perry said in a statement. "The success of the industry depends on whether exhibitors can see movies through fans eyes, and anticipate what they want. I'm honored to be receiving this honor from the exhibitors who have helped me provide a great movie-going experience to my fans from the beginning."
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!