Tyler Perry to Be Honored at First CinemaCon
Director Tyler Perry will be honored at an upcoming Las Vegas film convention for "singlehandedly" changing the face of Hollywood. The "Madea Goes to Jail" moviemaker will be handed CinemaCon's first ever Visionary Award at their Big Screen Achievement Awards on March 31.
CinemaCon's managing director, Mitch Neuhauser, tells trade publication Daily Variety, "Tyler Perry has singlehandedly changed the landscape of stage, screen and television with bravado, confidence and tremendous commercial and critical success." CinemaCon 2011 kicks off at Caesars Palace on March 28.
"I am so pleased to be recognized with this award from CinemaCon," Perry said in a statement. "The success of the industry depends on whether exhibitors can see movies through fans eyes, and anticipate what they want. I'm honored to be receiving this honor from the exhibitors who have helped me provide a great movie-going experience to my fans from the beginning."
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'