Tyler Perry to Be Honored at First CinemaCon
Director Tyler Perry will be honored at an upcoming Las Vegas film convention for "singlehandedly" changing the face of Hollywood. The "Madea Goes to Jail" moviemaker will be handed CinemaCon's first ever Visionary Award at their Big Screen Achievement Awards on March 31.
CinemaCon's managing director, Mitch Neuhauser, tells trade publication Daily Variety, "Tyler Perry has singlehandedly changed the landscape of stage, screen and television with bravado, confidence and tremendous commercial and critical success." CinemaCon 2011 kicks off at Caesars Palace on March 28.
"I am so pleased to be recognized with this award from CinemaCon," Perry said in a statement. "The success of the industry depends on whether exhibitors can see movies through fans eyes, and anticipate what they want. I'm honored to be receiving this honor from the exhibitors who have helped me provide a great movie-going experience to my fans from the beginning."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy