Tyler Perry to Be Honored at First CinemaCon
Director Tyler Perry will be honored at an upcoming Las Vegas film convention for "singlehandedly" changing the face of Hollywood. The "Madea Goes to Jail" moviemaker will be handed CinemaCon's first ever Visionary Award at their Big Screen Achievement Awards on March 31.
CinemaCon's managing director, Mitch Neuhauser, tells trade publication Daily Variety, "Tyler Perry has singlehandedly changed the landscape of stage, screen and television with bravado, confidence and tremendous commercial and critical success." CinemaCon 2011 kicks off at Caesars Palace on March 28.
"I am so pleased to be recognized with this award from CinemaCon," Perry said in a statement. "The success of the industry depends on whether exhibitors can see movies through fans eyes, and anticipate what they want. I'm honored to be receiving this honor from the exhibitors who have helped me provide a great movie-going experience to my fans from the beginning."
More Tyler Perry News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding