Tyler Perry to Be Honored at First CinemaCon
Director Tyler Perry will be honored at an upcoming Las Vegas film convention for "singlehandedly" changing the face of Hollywood. The "Madea Goes to Jail" moviemaker will be handed CinemaCon's first ever Visionary Award at their Big Screen Achievement Awards on March 31.
CinemaCon's managing director, Mitch Neuhauser, tells trade publication Daily Variety, "Tyler Perry has singlehandedly changed the landscape of stage, screen and television with bravado, confidence and tremendous commercial and critical success." CinemaCon 2011 kicks off at Caesars Palace on March 28.
"I am so pleased to be recognized with this award from CinemaCon," Perry said in a statement. "The success of the industry depends on whether exhibitors can see movies through fans eyes, and anticipate what they want. I'm honored to be receiving this honor from the exhibitors who have helped me provide a great movie-going experience to my fans from the beginning."
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'