Joey Jordison Vows Exorcism at Slipknot's Shows to Honor Pal Paul Gray
Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison has promised fans an unforgettable set when they perform their comeback shows at the Sonisphere festivals in Europe this summer-the concerts will be an "exorcism" in honor of late bass player Paul Gray.
The rockers have not performed since Gray died from an overdose in an Iowa hotel room last May 2010, and only now are they preparing to start rehearsals for a series of gigs at the traveling festival in June and July. Jordison, who was pals with Gray from childhood, admits it will be tough walking out on stage without his bandmate - but he has vowed to honor Gray with "the most emotional Slipknot shows of all time".
He tells Kerrang! magazine, "(These shows) will be the ultimate triumph... I have f**king p**s and venom in my f**king veins right now. I'm already just thinking about... when we step onto that f**king stage, the eight of us... I don't even know if we're gonna make it through one song. We might destroy everything. It's going to be bizarre. "
He adds, "I think, honestly, Paul's with us in spirit... It's going to be a really, really explosive show. It's gonna be good for all of us... I think Sonisphere is going to be an exorcism. I think the best thing is to put Paul finally to rest, he wants to see us f**king rock. Once we do that, we'll be at peace and everything can continue from there."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'