Liza Minnelli Hopes to Work With Lady GaGa
Liza Minnelli is eager to team up with Lady GaGa in the studio after she was blown away by the pop superstar's "phenomenal" performance in New York on Tuesday, February 22 .
GaGa personally invited the "Cabaret" star to her Madison Square Garden gig - and then insisted on a face-to-face meeting backstage before the show.
The 64 year old even received a special shout out from GaGa during her set - the "Poker Face" singer told fans she would never lip-sync, "not with Liza watching". And now Minnelli is a big fan: "She was wonderful. She asked me to come backstage before the show, which I thought was phenomenal. Well I wobbled back on my new knee, but she was wonderful and she told me that I was her idol and I felt like saying, 'You're kidding!'. But also she's outrageous, she's very sexy and she can sing. There's no kidding around. There's a section that she does just at the piano and that voice is right on. It's at pitch, it's strong."
And Minnelli admits she would jump at the chance to work with GaGa after recording with more modern acts like the Pet Shop Boys and My Chemical Romance.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'