Liza Minnelli Hopes to Work With Lady GaGa
Liza Minnelli is eager to team up with Lady GaGa in the studio after she was blown away by the pop superstar's "phenomenal" performance in New York on Tuesday, February 22 .
GaGa personally invited the "Cabaret" star to her Madison Square Garden gig - and then insisted on a face-to-face meeting backstage before the show.
The 64 year old even received a special shout out from GaGa during her set - the "Poker Face" singer told fans she would never lip-sync, "not with Liza watching". And now Minnelli is a big fan: "She was wonderful. She asked me to come backstage before the show, which I thought was phenomenal. Well I wobbled back on my new knee, but she was wonderful and she told me that I was her idol and I felt like saying, 'You're kidding!'. But also she's outrageous, she's very sexy and she can sing. There's no kidding around. There's a section that she does just at the piano and that voice is right on. It's at pitch, it's strong."
And Minnelli admits she would jump at the chance to work with GaGa after recording with more modern acts like the Pet Shop Boys and My Chemical Romance.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- Zack Snyder Leaves 'Justice League' Due to Family Tragedy, Joss Whedon Will Take Over the Project
- 'Hotel Transylvania: The Series' Coming in June - Get the First-Look Image and Teaser!
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'