Matt Damon and Casey Affleck Snubbed by Baseball Star Over 'The Trade'
Matt Damon and Casey Affleck have reportedly been snubbed by former baseball star Mike Kekich over a movie documenting the New York Yankees wife-swapping scandal.
The Hollywood pair is working on a script for "The Trade", based on the notorious incident in the 1970s when Kekich and his Yankees team-mate Fritz Peterson traded lovers.
New York Post gossip column PageSix reports Damon and Affleck have hired several veteran sports journalists to help persuade Kekich and other former baseball stars to help out with the script - but Kekich has refused.
A source tells the publication, "Kekich is panic-stricken. He has moved away and has a new identity. He is freaked out that those working on the movie found out where he is. He isn't too keen on having the scandal dredged up again after all this time. Other Yankees from that time have also been really unhelpful with facts and details of what happened. They are stonewalling."
More Matt Damon News
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza