The Kinks' Ray Davies Treated for Clot in Gun Wound
The Kinks legend Ray Davies is still suffering the after-effects of a shooting in 2004 - he was hospitalized last year when bullet residue formed a clot in his leg. The "Waterloo Sunset" hitmaker was blasted in the leg in January 2004 as he chased a thief who had snatched a purse in New Orleans, Louisiana.
He recovered from the attack after hospital treatment - but has now revealed his leg is still "pretty bad" and gunshot residue in the wound made him "quite ill" late last year. Davies tells Q magazine, "It's been pretty bad, actually. I got quite sick before Christmas from residue that is still in the leg and which formed a clot. It made me quite ill and I was hospitalized for a bit."
"To put it politely, I don't think it was handled very well at the time: partly because the hospital was busy, and partly due to the nature of the gunshot wound. It was a zigzag bullet."
In November, Davies axed four concerts in New York after doctors ordered him not to fly until his condition had stabilized.
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'