The Kinks' Ray Davies Treated for Clot in Gun Wound
The Kinks legend Ray Davies is still suffering the after-effects of a shooting in 2004 - he was hospitalized last year when bullet residue formed a clot in his leg. The "Waterloo Sunset" hitmaker was blasted in the leg in January 2004 as he chased a thief who had snatched a purse in New Orleans, Louisiana.
He recovered from the attack after hospital treatment - but has now revealed his leg is still "pretty bad" and gunshot residue in the wound made him "quite ill" late last year. Davies tells Q magazine, "It's been pretty bad, actually. I got quite sick before Christmas from residue that is still in the leg and which formed a clot. It made me quite ill and I was hospitalized for a bit."
"To put it politely, I don't think it was handled very well at the time: partly because the hospital was busy, and partly due to the nature of the gunshot wound. It was a zigzag bullet."
In November, Davies axed four concerts in New York after doctors ordered him not to fly until his condition had stabilized.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl