Rosie O'Donnell Apologizes to Plus Size 'Glee' Star
Rosie O'Donnell has reached out to Ashley Fink after she was quoted criticizing the plus-sized "Glee" star's character in the hit musical series. The comedienne sparked fury among "Glee" fans after allegedly insisting Fink's on-screen romance with handsome Mark Salling was implausible.
She was quoted as telling Access Hollywood, "It really, really strikes a chord with every overweight woman I know. Every woman I know who's heavy has strong feelings about that storyline. They're like, 'Can you believe that? I think that's horrible. That never happens in school. That character is so unlikable. Why didn't they get a pretty heavy girl?'"
But the "A League of Their Own" star has now praised Fink and apologized for her remarks - admitting she is "often misquoted". In a series of posts on Twitter.com, O'Donnell writes, "Oh Ashley - I love your swagger - your acting - your face - your heart - as a famous fat person - I am often asked about the issue..."
"I love the story line - I love the show - and if in any way something I said hurt u - I apologize MORE. You are so talented and I can't wait to hear you belt it ... as I know you can - the often misquoted Rosie."
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans