Rosie O'Donnell Apologizes to Plus Size 'Glee' Star
Rosie O'Donnell has reached out to Ashley Fink after she was quoted criticizing the plus-sized "Glee" star's character in the hit musical series. The comedienne sparked fury among "Glee" fans after allegedly insisting Fink's on-screen romance with handsome Mark Salling was implausible.
She was quoted as telling Access Hollywood, "It really, really strikes a chord with every overweight woman I know. Every woman I know who's heavy has strong feelings about that storyline. They're like, 'Can you believe that? I think that's horrible. That never happens in school. That character is so unlikable. Why didn't they get a pretty heavy girl?'"
But the "A League of Their Own" star has now praised Fink and apologized for her remarks - admitting she is "often misquoted". In a series of posts on Twitter.com, O'Donnell writes, "Oh Ashley - I love your swagger - your acting - your face - your heart - as a famous fat person - I am often asked about the issue..."
"I love the story line - I love the show - and if in any way something I said hurt u - I apologize MORE. You are so talented and I can't wait to hear you belt it ... as I know you can - the often misquoted Rosie."
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick