Rosie O'Donnell Apologizes to Plus Size 'Glee' Star
Rosie O'Donnell has reached out to Ashley Fink after she was quoted criticizing the plus-sized "Glee" star's character in the hit musical series. The comedienne sparked fury among "Glee" fans after allegedly insisting Fink's on-screen romance with handsome Mark Salling was implausible.
She was quoted as telling Access Hollywood, "It really, really strikes a chord with every overweight woman I know. Every woman I know who's heavy has strong feelings about that storyline. They're like, 'Can you believe that? I think that's horrible. That never happens in school. That character is so unlikable. Why didn't they get a pretty heavy girl?'"
But the "A League of Their Own" star has now praised Fink and apologized for her remarks - admitting she is "often misquoted". In a series of posts on Twitter.com, O'Donnell writes, "Oh Ashley - I love your swagger - your acting - your face - your heart - as a famous fat person - I am often asked about the issue..."
"I love the story line - I love the show - and if in any way something I said hurt u - I apologize MORE. You are so talented and I can't wait to hear you belt it ... as I know you can - the often misquoted Rosie."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival