Rosie O'Donnell Apologizes to Plus Size 'Glee' Star
Rosie O'Donnell has reached out to Ashley Fink after she was quoted criticizing the plus-sized "Glee" star's character in the hit musical series. The comedienne sparked fury among "Glee" fans after allegedly insisting Fink's on-screen romance with handsome Mark Salling was implausible.
She was quoted as telling Access Hollywood, "It really, really strikes a chord with every overweight woman I know. Every woman I know who's heavy has strong feelings about that storyline. They're like, 'Can you believe that? I think that's horrible. That never happens in school. That character is so unlikable. Why didn't they get a pretty heavy girl?'"
But the "A League of Their Own" star has now praised Fink and apologized for her remarks - admitting she is "often misquoted". In a series of posts on Twitter.com, O'Donnell writes, "Oh Ashley - I love your swagger - your acting - your face - your heart - as a famous fat person - I am often asked about the issue..."
"I love the story line - I love the show - and if in any way something I said hurt u - I apologize MORE. You are so talented and I can't wait to hear you belt it ... as I know you can - the often misquoted Rosie."
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert