Rosie O'Donnell Apologizes to Plus Size 'Glee' Star
Rosie O'Donnell has reached out to Ashley Fink after she was quoted criticizing the plus-sized "Glee" star's character in the hit musical series. The comedienne sparked fury among "Glee" fans after allegedly insisting Fink's on-screen romance with handsome Mark Salling was implausible.
She was quoted as telling Access Hollywood, "It really, really strikes a chord with every overweight woman I know. Every woman I know who's heavy has strong feelings about that storyline. They're like, 'Can you believe that? I think that's horrible. That never happens in school. That character is so unlikable. Why didn't they get a pretty heavy girl?'"
But the "A League of Their Own" star has now praised Fink and apologized for her remarks - admitting she is "often misquoted". In a series of posts on Twitter.com, O'Donnell writes, "Oh Ashley - I love your swagger - your acting - your face - your heart - as a famous fat person - I am often asked about the issue..."
"I love the story line - I love the show - and if in any way something I said hurt u - I apologize MORE. You are so talented and I can't wait to hear you belt it ... as I know you can - the often misquoted Rosie."
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie