Tim McGraw Denies Planning Political Career
Country star Tim McGraw has become the latest celebrity to dismiss reports he's planning a political career, suggesting he has too chequered a past to run for office. The politically-minded singer/actor has hinted he would be interested in running for Governor of Tennessee, where he lives with his wife Faith Hill and their kids - but the time isn't right for him.
During an appearance on CNN's "American Morning" news show on Wednesday, February 23, McGraw said, "Somewhere down the line, if I feel I can give back, I certainly wouldn't say no to it, but it would be a while, and my kids would have to be grown because I certainly don't want my closet opened anytime soon."
His remarks came a day after George Clooney dismissed a political run in a Newsweek magazine interview, stating "I didn't live my life in the right way for politics. I f**ked too many chicks and did too many drugs, and that's the truth."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'