Tim McGraw Denies Planning Political Career
Country star Tim McGraw has become the latest celebrity to dismiss reports he's planning a political career, suggesting he has too chequered a past to run for office. The politically-minded singer/actor has hinted he would be interested in running for Governor of Tennessee, where he lives with his wife Faith Hill and their kids - but the time isn't right for him.
During an appearance on CNN's "American Morning" news show on Wednesday, February 23, McGraw said, "Somewhere down the line, if I feel I can give back, I certainly wouldn't say no to it, but it would be a while, and my kids would have to be grown because I certainly don't want my closet opened anytime soon."
His remarks came a day after George Clooney dismissed a political run in a Newsweek magazine interview, stating "I didn't live my life in the right way for politics. I f**ked too many chicks and did too many drugs, and that's the truth."
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande