Tim McGraw Denies Planning Political Career
Country star Tim McGraw has become the latest celebrity to dismiss reports he's planning a political career, suggesting he has too chequered a past to run for office. The politically-minded singer/actor has hinted he would be interested in running for Governor of Tennessee, where he lives with his wife Faith Hill and their kids - but the time isn't right for him.
During an appearance on CNN's "American Morning" news show on Wednesday, February 23, McGraw said, "Somewhere down the line, if I feel I can give back, I certainly wouldn't say no to it, but it would be a while, and my kids would have to be grown because I certainly don't want my closet opened anytime soon."
His remarks came a day after George Clooney dismissed a political run in a Newsweek magazine interview, stating "I didn't live my life in the right way for politics. I f**ked too many chicks and did too many drugs, and that's the truth."
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress