Justin Bieber Got Starstruck With Wayne Gretzky's Surprised Arrival
Justin Bieber was left starstruck on daytime TV on Wednesday, February 23 when the singer's ice hockey hero, Wayne Gretzky, paid him a surprise visit on the set of U.S. chat show "The Talk". The "Baby" hitmaker, 16, was playing a game of air hockey on air with co-host Holly Robinson Peete when she called for some help - and introduced the Canadian great onstage.
The retired sportsman, who was accompanied by his young daughter Emma, took over from the actress and the game ended in a 1-1 draw. Gretzky then presented Bieber with his very own replica jersey, bearing the sporting legend's name on the back with his number 99, complete with an autographed message.
A stunned Bieber gasped, "No way," before shaking hands with Gretzy. He later joked with "The Talk" presenters, including Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini, "Why'd you do that to me? You made me look like a huge groupie or something! No, I'm a huge fan. It was great and that was awesome."
But it wasn't Bieber's first time meeting Gretzky - he came face-to-face with the sports great at the age of six, when the singer was playing in a local hockey competition: "I played in Bradford, where he's from, and he was there at the tournament."
More Justin Bieber News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour