Justin Bieber Got Starstruck With Wayne Gretzky's Surprised Arrival
Justin Bieber was left starstruck on daytime TV on Wednesday, February 23 when the singer's ice hockey hero, Wayne Gretzky, paid him a surprise visit on the set of U.S. chat show "The Talk". The "Baby" hitmaker, 16, was playing a game of air hockey on air with co-host Holly Robinson Peete when she called for some help - and introduced the Canadian great onstage.
The retired sportsman, who was accompanied by his young daughter Emma, took over from the actress and the game ended in a 1-1 draw. Gretzky then presented Bieber with his very own replica jersey, bearing the sporting legend's name on the back with his number 99, complete with an autographed message.
A stunned Bieber gasped, "No way," before shaking hands with Gretzy. He later joked with "The Talk" presenters, including Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini, "Why'd you do that to me? You made me look like a huge groupie or something! No, I'm a huge fan. It was great and that was awesome."
But it wasn't Bieber's first time meeting Gretzky - he came face-to-face with the sports great at the age of six, when the singer was playing in a local hockey competition: "I played in Bradford, where he's from, and he was there at the tournament."
More Justin Bieber News
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene