Justin Bieber Got Starstruck With Wayne Gretzky's Surprised Arrival
Justin Bieber was left starstruck on daytime TV on Wednesday, February 23 when the singer's ice hockey hero, Wayne Gretzky, paid him a surprise visit on the set of U.S. chat show "The Talk". The "Baby" hitmaker, 16, was playing a game of air hockey on air with co-host Holly Robinson Peete when she called for some help - and introduced the Canadian great onstage.
The retired sportsman, who was accompanied by his young daughter Emma, took over from the actress and the game ended in a 1-1 draw. Gretzky then presented Bieber with his very own replica jersey, bearing the sporting legend's name on the back with his number 99, complete with an autographed message.
A stunned Bieber gasped, "No way," before shaking hands with Gretzy. He later joked with "The Talk" presenters, including Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini, "Why'd you do that to me? You made me look like a huge groupie or something! No, I'm a huge fan. It was great and that was awesome."
But it wasn't Bieber's first time meeting Gretzky - he came face-to-face with the sports great at the age of six, when the singer was playing in a local hockey competition: "I played in Bradford, where he's from, and he was there at the tournament."
More Justin Bieber News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts