Esperanza Spalding Talks Nasty Comments Posted by Bieber's Fans
Jazz star Esperanza Spalding has brushed off the harsh criticism she's received after beating Justin Bieber to the Best New Artist Grammy Award at this year's ceremony, insisting she's not making music to be popular. The little-known bassist and singer was a surprise winner at the Grammys, triumphing over more mainstream acts like Bieber, Drake, Florence and the Machine and Mumford & Sons.
The Grammy upset sparked outrage among fans of teenage pop sensation Bieber, prompting them to post nasty messages on Spalding's Wikipedia.com profile, which is edited by members of the public. But Spalding is refusing to let the rude comments stop her from revelling in the limelight.
She tells People magazine, "It's all good. People are always going to say something. You don't do music to have people write nice things on your Facebook page." And Spalding reveals she met Bieber shortly after her victory and he came across as a "good dude".
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win