Esperanza Spalding Talks Nasty Comments Posted by Bieber's Fans
Jazz star Esperanza Spalding has brushed off the harsh criticism she's received after beating Justin Bieber to the Best New Artist Grammy Award at this year's ceremony, insisting she's not making music to be popular. The little-known bassist and singer was a surprise winner at the Grammys, triumphing over more mainstream acts like Bieber, Drake, Florence and the Machine and Mumford & Sons.
The Grammy upset sparked outrage among fans of teenage pop sensation Bieber, prompting them to post nasty messages on Spalding's Wikipedia.com profile, which is edited by members of the public. But Spalding is refusing to let the rude comments stop her from revelling in the limelight.
She tells People magazine, "It's all good. People are always going to say something. You don't do music to have people write nice things on your Facebook page." And Spalding reveals she met Bieber shortly after her victory and he came across as a "good dude".
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper