Esperanza Spalding Talks Nasty Comments Posted by Bieber's Fans
Jazz star Esperanza Spalding has brushed off the harsh criticism she's received after beating Justin Bieber to the Best New Artist Grammy Award at this year's ceremony, insisting she's not making music to be popular. The little-known bassist and singer was a surprise winner at the Grammys, triumphing over more mainstream acts like Bieber, Drake, Florence and the Machine and Mumford & Sons.
The Grammy upset sparked outrage among fans of teenage pop sensation Bieber, prompting them to post nasty messages on Spalding's Wikipedia.com profile, which is edited by members of the public. But Spalding is refusing to let the rude comments stop her from revelling in the limelight.
She tells People magazine, "It's all good. People are always going to say something. You don't do music to have people write nice things on your Facebook page." And Spalding reveals she met Bieber shortly after her victory and he came across as a "good dude".
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic