Rihanna's Rep Responds to Donald Trump's Comment Over Missed Show
Rihanna's representative has shot down Donald Trump's scathing comments over the star's failure to play at his fundraiser gig, insisting she was ordered by doctors not to travel. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was due to perform at Trump's show in Palm Beach, Florida on Saturday, February 19, but she pulled out due to sickness.
Trump was infuriated when Rihanna went on to sing at the NBA All-Star basketball game in Los Angeles the following day, February 20. The entrepreneur fumed, "I thought that (canceling) was insulting to everyone. But for Rihanna to go to the (NBA) All-Star game and perform after she told us she was sick, that is just a lack of respect."
Now the singer's rep has spoken out to clarify why she wasn't able to attend Trump's bash, telling Access Hollywood, "Rihanna was recovering (from) bronchitis and her doctor advised her not to get on a plane as she would risk losing her voice and damaging her vocal chords. She feels terrible she couldn't attend but was so grateful Jennifer Hudson graciously stepped in."
Rihanna scrapped another fundraising gig earlier this month ahead of her Grammys performance as she battled illness.
More Rihanna News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says