Rihanna's Rep Responds to Donald Trump's Comment Over Missed Show
Rihanna's representative has shot down Donald Trump's scathing comments over the star's failure to play at his fundraiser gig, insisting she was ordered by doctors not to travel. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was due to perform at Trump's show in Palm Beach, Florida on Saturday, February 19, but she pulled out due to sickness.
Trump was infuriated when Rihanna went on to sing at the NBA All-Star basketball game in Los Angeles the following day, February 20. The entrepreneur fumed, "I thought that (canceling) was insulting to everyone. But for Rihanna to go to the (NBA) All-Star game and perform after she told us she was sick, that is just a lack of respect."
Now the singer's rep has spoken out to clarify why she wasn't able to attend Trump's bash, telling Access Hollywood, "Rihanna was recovering (from) bronchitis and her doctor advised her not to get on a plane as she would risk losing her voice and damaging her vocal chords. She feels terrible she couldn't attend but was so grateful Jennifer Hudson graciously stepped in."
Rihanna scrapped another fundraising gig earlier this month ahead of her Grammys performance as she battled illness.
More Rihanna News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off