Rihanna's Rep Responds to Donald Trump's Comment Over Missed Show
Rihanna's representative has shot down Donald Trump's scathing comments over the star's failure to play at his fundraiser gig, insisting she was ordered by doctors not to travel. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was due to perform at Trump's show in Palm Beach, Florida on Saturday, February 19, but she pulled out due to sickness.
Trump was infuriated when Rihanna went on to sing at the NBA All-Star basketball game in Los Angeles the following day, February 20. The entrepreneur fumed, "I thought that (canceling) was insulting to everyone. But for Rihanna to go to the (NBA) All-Star game and perform after she told us she was sick, that is just a lack of respect."
Now the singer's rep has spoken out to clarify why she wasn't able to attend Trump's bash, telling Access Hollywood, "Rihanna was recovering (from) bronchitis and her doctor advised her not to get on a plane as she would risk losing her voice and damaging her vocal chords. She feels terrible she couldn't attend but was so grateful Jennifer Hudson graciously stepped in."
Rihanna scrapped another fundraising gig earlier this month ahead of her Grammys performance as she battled illness.
More Rihanna News
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson