Dad: Charlie Sheen's Drug Addiction Is Like Cancer
Charlie Sheen's dad Martin Sheen has likened his son's drug addiction to a cancer, insisting the troubled star needs as much "concern and love" as possible. The "Two and a Half Men" actor is undergoing rehab treatment at his Los Angeles home, just months after police were called to his New York hotel suite after he allegedly trashed the room in a rage during a night of passion with an adult actress.
Now actor Martin Sheen has spoken out about his son's demons, revealing he is throwing his support behind the star and willing him to recuperate. He tells Sky News, "He's an extraordinary man. You know, if he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up and so that's what we do for him."
"You realize we're not all on the same journey all the time. We have to love that much more. We have to be that much more present." Meanwhile, his brother, Emilio Estevez, revealed he has become "used to" constant scrutiny over Sheen's behavior, adding, "You get used to it though. After 30 years... 40 some years, you build up an immunity, I guess."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal