Dad: Charlie Sheen's Drug Addiction Is Like Cancer
Charlie Sheen's dad Martin Sheen has likened his son's drug addiction to a cancer, insisting the troubled star needs as much "concern and love" as possible. The "Two and a Half Men" actor is undergoing rehab treatment at his Los Angeles home, just months after police were called to his New York hotel suite after he allegedly trashed the room in a rage during a night of passion with an adult actress.
Now actor Martin Sheen has spoken out about his son's demons, revealing he is throwing his support behind the star and willing him to recuperate. He tells Sky News, "He's an extraordinary man. You know, if he had cancer, how would we treat him? The disease of addiction is a form of cancer and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love and lift them up and so that's what we do for him."
"You realize we're not all on the same journey all the time. We have to love that much more. We have to be that much more present." Meanwhile, his brother, Emilio Estevez, revealed he has become "used to" constant scrutiny over Sheen's behavior, adding, "You get used to it though. After 30 years... 40 some years, you build up an immunity, I guess."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby