Celine Dion's Michael Jackson Tribute Will Also Appear in Las Vegas Show
The Charlie Chaplin tune Celine Dion will perform at the Oscars on Sunday, February 27 will also feature in her new show in Las Vegas - as part of a tribute to Michael Jackson. Dion will perform "Smile" as images of the celebrities and film technicians who have passed away in the last 12 months are flashed onto a screen behind her at the Academy Awards.
But it won't be a one-off performance - Dion, who was part of a tribute to the King of Pop at the 2010 Grammy Awards, will salute the late star during her new Sin City show with the song, a favorite of Jackson's.
She explains, "He changed my life. I saw him on TV and I wanted to sing in English because he was, so and I went to learn English and met with him and I (sang) with him and he came to see the show and he had a big impact on my life."
Jackson's brother Jermaine Jackson sang the Chaplin song at the King of Pop's memorial concert in 2009.
More Celine Dion News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'