Celine Dion's Michael Jackson Tribute Will Also Appear in Las Vegas Show
The Charlie Chaplin tune Celine Dion will perform at the Oscars on Sunday, February 27 will also feature in her new show in Las Vegas - as part of a tribute to Michael Jackson. Dion will perform "Smile" as images of the celebrities and film technicians who have passed away in the last 12 months are flashed onto a screen behind her at the Academy Awards.
But it won't be a one-off performance - Dion, who was part of a tribute to the King of Pop at the 2010 Grammy Awards, will salute the late star during her new Sin City show with the song, a favorite of Jackson's.
She explains, "He changed my life. I saw him on TV and I wanted to sing in English because he was, so and I went to learn English and met with him and I (sang) with him and he came to see the show and he had a big impact on my life."
Jackson's brother Jermaine Jackson sang the Chaplin song at the King of Pop's memorial concert in 2009.
More Celine Dion News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed