Kanye West Is Accused of Ripping Off French Film for New Video
Rapper Kanye West has been accused of ripping off French film "Enter the Void" for the video to his new track "All of the Lights".
The "Stronger" hitmaker debuted the promo over the weekend and the clip shows collaboration partner Rihanna posing seductively, with West singing as he perches on top of a police car. But the star has been hit by claims he ripped off themes from 2010 thriller Enter the Void in the video, which was directed by Hype Williams.
In a post on TheStir blog, critic Linda Sharps writes, "Either it's a deliberate homage to the film, or... well, maybe nobody thought Kanye's fans would know anything about relatively obscure French melodramas. Hard to say."
More Kanye West News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance