Kanye West Is Accused of Ripping Off French Film for New Video
Rapper Kanye West has been accused of ripping off French film "Enter the Void" for the video to his new track "All of the Lights".
The "Stronger" hitmaker debuted the promo over the weekend and the clip shows collaboration partner Rihanna posing seductively, with West singing as he perches on top of a police car. But the star has been hit by claims he ripped off themes from 2010 thriller Enter the Void in the video, which was directed by Hype Williams.
In a post on TheStir blog, critic Linda Sharps writes, "Either it's a deliberate homage to the film, or... well, maybe nobody thought Kanye's fans would know anything about relatively obscure French melodramas. Hard to say."
More Kanye West News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!