Kanye West Is Accused of Ripping Off French Film for New Video
Rapper Kanye West has been accused of ripping off French film "Enter the Void" for the video to his new track "All of the Lights".
The "Stronger" hitmaker debuted the promo over the weekend and the clip shows collaboration partner Rihanna posing seductively, with West singing as he perches on top of a police car. But the star has been hit by claims he ripped off themes from 2010 thriller Enter the Void in the video, which was directed by Hype Williams.
In a post on TheStir blog, critic Linda Sharps writes, "Either it's a deliberate homage to the film, or... well, maybe nobody thought Kanye's fans would know anything about relatively obscure French melodramas. Hard to say."
More Kanye West News
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'