Kanye West Is Accused of Ripping Off French Film for New Video
Rapper Kanye West has been accused of ripping off French film "Enter the Void" for the video to his new track "All of the Lights".
The "Stronger" hitmaker debuted the promo over the weekend and the clip shows collaboration partner Rihanna posing seductively, with West singing as he perches on top of a police car. But the star has been hit by claims he ripped off themes from 2010 thriller Enter the Void in the video, which was directed by Hype Williams.
In a post on TheStir blog, critic Linda Sharps writes, "Either it's a deliberate homage to the film, or... well, maybe nobody thought Kanye's fans would know anything about relatively obscure French melodramas. Hard to say."
More Kanye West News
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights
- Madonna Admits She's 'Difficult to Work With' in Promo for Showtime Special