Kanye West Is Accused of Ripping Off French Film for New Video
Rapper Kanye West has been accused of ripping off French film "Enter the Void" for the video to his new track "All of the Lights".
The "Stronger" hitmaker debuted the promo over the weekend and the clip shows collaboration partner Rihanna posing seductively, with West singing as he perches on top of a police car. But the star has been hit by claims he ripped off themes from 2010 thriller Enter the Void in the video, which was directed by Hype Williams.
In a post on TheStir blog, critic Linda Sharps writes, "Either it's a deliberate homage to the film, or... well, maybe nobody thought Kanye's fans would know anything about relatively obscure French melodramas. Hard to say."
More Kanye West News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media