Kanye West Is Accused of Ripping Off French Film for New Video
Rapper Kanye West has been accused of ripping off French film "Enter the Void" for the video to his new track "All of the Lights".
The "Stronger" hitmaker debuted the promo over the weekend and the clip shows collaboration partner Rihanna posing seductively, with West singing as he perches on top of a police car. But the star has been hit by claims he ripped off themes from 2010 thriller Enter the Void in the video, which was directed by Hype Williams.
In a post on TheStir blog, critic Linda Sharps writes, "Either it's a deliberate homage to the film, or... well, maybe nobody thought Kanye's fans would know anything about relatively obscure French melodramas. Hard to say."
More Kanye West News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'