Kanye West Is Accused of Ripping Off French Film for New Video
Rapper Kanye West has been accused of ripping off French film "Enter the Void" for the video to his new track "All of the Lights".
The "Stronger" hitmaker debuted the promo over the weekend and the clip shows collaboration partner Rihanna posing seductively, with West singing as he perches on top of a police car. But the star has been hit by claims he ripped off themes from 2010 thriller Enter the Void in the video, which was directed by Hype Williams.
In a post on TheStir blog, critic Linda Sharps writes, "Either it's a deliberate homage to the film, or... well, maybe nobody thought Kanye's fans would know anything about relatively obscure French melodramas. Hard to say."
More Kanye West News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'