Rihanna's Restraining Order Against Chris Brown Officially Lifted
A restraining order forbidding R&B star Chris Brown to be in the same room as his ex-girlfriend Rihanna has been lifted in Los Angeles. Rihanna's lawyers recently agreed to reduce the restraining order hanging over the "Kiss Kiss" singer after his lawyer complained it restricted his career - and the ruling was made official on Tuesday, February 22.
Brown was found guilty of assaulting the "Umbrella" singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009 and as part of his punishment he was ordered to stay away from her at all times, including music events. Now, two years later, the restraining order has been lifted, allowing Brown contact with his ex - as long as he doesn't annoy or harass her.
Brown was in court on Tuesday for the hearing. Rihanna skipped it, but her attorney Donald Etra made it clear his client had no objections.
More Chris Brown News
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'