Rihanna's Restraining Order Against Chris Brown Officially Lifted
A restraining order forbidding R&B star Chris Brown to be in the same room as his ex-girlfriend Rihanna has been lifted in Los Angeles. Rihanna's lawyers recently agreed to reduce the restraining order hanging over the "Kiss Kiss" singer after his lawyer complained it restricted his career - and the ruling was made official on Tuesday, February 22.
Brown was found guilty of assaulting the "Umbrella" singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009 and as part of his punishment he was ordered to stay away from her at all times, including music events. Now, two years later, the restraining order has been lifted, allowing Brown contact with his ex - as long as he doesn't annoy or harass her.
Brown was in court on Tuesday for the hearing. Rihanna skipped it, but her attorney Donald Etra made it clear his client had no objections.
More Chris Brown News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce