Rihanna's Restraining Order Against Chris Brown Officially Lifted
A restraining order forbidding R&B star Chris Brown to be in the same room as his ex-girlfriend Rihanna has been lifted in Los Angeles. Rihanna's lawyers recently agreed to reduce the restraining order hanging over the "Kiss Kiss" singer after his lawyer complained it restricted his career - and the ruling was made official on Tuesday, February 22.
Brown was found guilty of assaulting the "Umbrella" singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009 and as part of his punishment he was ordered to stay away from her at all times, including music events. Now, two years later, the restraining order has been lifted, allowing Brown contact with his ex - as long as he doesn't annoy or harass her.
Brown was in court on Tuesday for the hearing. Rihanna skipped it, but her attorney Donald Etra made it clear his client had no objections.
More Chris Brown News
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army