Rihanna's Restraining Order Against Chris Brown Officially Lifted
A restraining order forbidding R&B star Chris Brown to be in the same room as his ex-girlfriend Rihanna has been lifted in Los Angeles. Rihanna's lawyers recently agreed to reduce the restraining order hanging over the "Kiss Kiss" singer after his lawyer complained it restricted his career - and the ruling was made official on Tuesday, February 22.
Brown was found guilty of assaulting the "Umbrella" singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009 and as part of his punishment he was ordered to stay away from her at all times, including music events. Now, two years later, the restraining order has been lifted, allowing Brown contact with his ex - as long as he doesn't annoy or harass her.
Brown was in court on Tuesday for the hearing. Rihanna skipped it, but her attorney Donald Etra made it clear his client had no objections.
More Chris Brown News
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy