Rihanna's Restraining Order Against Chris Brown Officially Lifted
A restraining order forbidding R&B star Chris Brown to be in the same room as his ex-girlfriend Rihanna has been lifted in Los Angeles. Rihanna's lawyers recently agreed to reduce the restraining order hanging over the "Kiss Kiss" singer after his lawyer complained it restricted his career - and the ruling was made official on Tuesday, February 22.
Brown was found guilty of assaulting the "Umbrella" singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009 and as part of his punishment he was ordered to stay away from her at all times, including music events. Now, two years later, the restraining order has been lifted, allowing Brown contact with his ex - as long as he doesn't annoy or harass her.
Brown was in court on Tuesday for the hearing. Rihanna skipped it, but her attorney Donald Etra made it clear his client had no objections.
More Chris Brown News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified