Hayden Panettiere Roots for Amanda Knox's Freedom
Hayden Panettiere "cares" about the fate of Amanda Knox after portraying her in a TV movie - and hopes the convicted killer is one day released from prison.
The "Heroes" star plays the American student in "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy", which is based on the brutal killing of Knox's roommate, Meredith Kercher. Panettiere admits she can't help but "root for" the 23 year old as she appeals against her conviction, and wants to see her freed - whether she's guilty or not.
The actress tells the Los Angeles Times, "I've lived a very different life than her. She went to normal school and worked at a coffee shop and was just going over to Europe, and I grew up acting. But we're both young girls. And I care about her. To a certain degree, guilty or innocent, I want to see her get out and be able to live the rest of her life. She's someone that I root for."
Knox is serving a 26-year sentence in an Italian prison for killing Kercher in 2007 but a jury will meet next month, March 12, after new forensic evidence was discovered.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video