Hayden Panettiere Roots for Amanda Knox's Freedom
Hayden Panettiere "cares" about the fate of Amanda Knox after portraying her in a TV movie - and hopes the convicted killer is one day released from prison.
The "Heroes" star plays the American student in "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy", which is based on the brutal killing of Knox's roommate, Meredith Kercher. Panettiere admits she can't help but "root for" the 23 year old as she appeals against her conviction, and wants to see her freed - whether she's guilty or not.
The actress tells the Los Angeles Times, "I've lived a very different life than her. She went to normal school and worked at a coffee shop and was just going over to Europe, and I grew up acting. But we're both young girls. And I care about her. To a certain degree, guilty or innocent, I want to see her get out and be able to live the rest of her life. She's someone that I root for."
Knox is serving a 26-year sentence in an Italian prison for killing Kercher in 2007 but a jury will meet next month, March 12, after new forensic evidence was discovered.
More Hayden Panettiere News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift