Hayden Panettiere Roots for Amanda Knox's Freedom
Hayden Panettiere "cares" about the fate of Amanda Knox after portraying her in a TV movie - and hopes the convicted killer is one day released from prison.
The "Heroes" star plays the American student in "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy", which is based on the brutal killing of Knox's roommate, Meredith Kercher. Panettiere admits she can't help but "root for" the 23 year old as she appeals against her conviction, and wants to see her freed - whether she's guilty or not.
The actress tells the Los Angeles Times, "I've lived a very different life than her. She went to normal school and worked at a coffee shop and was just going over to Europe, and I grew up acting. But we're both young girls. And I care about her. To a certain degree, guilty or innocent, I want to see her get out and be able to live the rest of her life. She's someone that I root for."
Knox is serving a 26-year sentence in an Italian prison for killing Kercher in 2007 but a jury will meet next month, March 12, after new forensic evidence was discovered.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up