Vince Neil Thinks Jail Sentence Is 'Harsh'
Incarcerated rocker Vince Neil was surprised to receive a jail sentence for a 2010 DUI charge and is convinced the judge overseeing his case wanted to "make an example" out of him. The Motley Crue star is currently serving 15 days behind bars at Clark County Detention Center in Nevada after pleading guilty to the offense last month.
Neil has now spoken out about the sentence and accepts his punishment "is what it is", although he insists it is "a little harsh". He tells the Las Vegas Sun, "Obviously, it was something that happened, and it should not have happened. There are so many other options that you can take instead of saying, 'Yeah, I can drive home.' But I did it."
"They were a little harsh in the sentencing. But they wanted to make an example out of me, and it is what it is. It's not bad, but it's still jail. Jail is jail." But Neil is adamant he will move on from his troubles: "I'm going to do it, do my time and put it behind me and move on with my life."
The singer will be placed on house arrest for another 15 days once he completes his jail term.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'