Vince Neil Thinks Jail Sentence Is 'Harsh'
Incarcerated rocker Vince Neil was surprised to receive a jail sentence for a 2010 DUI charge and is convinced the judge overseeing his case wanted to "make an example" out of him. The Motley Crue star is currently serving 15 days behind bars at Clark County Detention Center in Nevada after pleading guilty to the offense last month.
Neil has now spoken out about the sentence and accepts his punishment "is what it is", although he insists it is "a little harsh". He tells the Las Vegas Sun, "Obviously, it was something that happened, and it should not have happened. There are so many other options that you can take instead of saying, 'Yeah, I can drive home.' But I did it."
"They were a little harsh in the sentencing. But they wanted to make an example out of me, and it is what it is. It's not bad, but it's still jail. Jail is jail." But Neil is adamant he will move on from his troubles: "I'm going to do it, do my time and put it behind me and move on with my life."
The singer will be placed on house arrest for another 15 days once he completes his jail term.
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4