Kobe Bryant, First Athlete to Get Walk of Fame
Basketball hero Kobe Bryant made Hollywood history on Saturday, February 19 when he became the first athlete to be honored on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Los Angeles Lakers star cemented his legacy by leaving his handprints outside of the landmark Grauman's Chinese Theater this weekend, with his wife Vanessa and their two daughters by his side.
He told Entertainment Tonight, "I never in my wildest dreams thought this would be possible." And Bryant celebrated the big honor on the court at the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, February 20, proving his sporting dominance by scoring 37 points for the Western Conference to score a 148-143 victory over the East and land the title of Most Valuable Player (MVP).
"I feel like I've grown up in this city, and we've had a lot of ups and downs, but here we are - five championships, plenty more to go, and I just feel extremely honored to be able to do this," he said.
More Kobe Bryant News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri