Carrie Underwood 'Upset' After Blamed for Mike Fisher's Move
Carrie Underwood's ice hockey star husband Mike Fisher has hit out at radio station bosses in Canada after they blamed the country singer for prompting his move from Ottawa to Tennessee and banned her music from their airwaves.
The sportsman was traded by the Ottawa Senators to the Nashville Predators earlier this month, but the exchange did not sit well with DJs at one local broadcaster in Fisher's native Canada, who called his move "a betrayal to our community".
Station executives went as far as to claim they would ban Underwood's music from their playlist because they were convinced the singer was responsible for convincing Fisher to relocate to the city she now calls home, according to local reports.
But the snub has upset the "Before He Cheats" hitmaker and Fisher reveals his wife has been left "extremely disappointed" by the news. He tells the Vancouver Sun, "I heard about it right away and Carrie heard about it and she was extremely disappointed and frustrated - I think they meant it as a joke that really wasn't funny."
"They're not a country music station and I don't know if it was for attention or not, but obviously Carrie had nothing to do with the move or the trade or anything, so to imply something like that was just wrong."
Prior to Fisher's trade, the couple's marriage had been a long-distance one.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special