Jewel Kilcher Is Working on Songs for Unborn Baby
Pregnant singer Jewel Kilcher is drawing inspiration from her impending motherhood - she's writing an album for her unborn son.
The star has been trying to conceive with her husband, rodeo ace Ty Murray, since 2009 and they announced in January that they are expecting their first child later this year. And Jewel admits the testing journey has prompted her to channel her emotions into new songs for her baby.
She says, "I've actually been writing songs for him. I wrote an album called 'Lullaby' when I was trying to get pregnant, and now that I am pregnant, I'm writing a children's record so it's really been fun to write things that your children will wanna hear, and thinking what will be a fun story."
She adds, "I actually used a The Beatles song, 'Rocky Raccoon', as a template, because I think it's a song adults love and kids love. I want this to be an album that if you're an adult, you're gonna enjoy this record too."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer