Jewel Kilcher Is Working on Songs for Unborn Baby
Pregnant singer Jewel Kilcher is drawing inspiration from her impending motherhood - she's writing an album for her unborn son.
The star has been trying to conceive with her husband, rodeo ace Ty Murray, since 2009 and they announced in January that they are expecting their first child later this year. And Jewel admits the testing journey has prompted her to channel her emotions into new songs for her baby.
She says, "I've actually been writing songs for him. I wrote an album called 'Lullaby' when I was trying to get pregnant, and now that I am pregnant, I'm writing a children's record so it's really been fun to write things that your children will wanna hear, and thinking what will be a fun story."
She adds, "I actually used a The Beatles song, 'Rocky Raccoon', as a template, because I think it's a song adults love and kids love. I want this to be an album that if you're an adult, you're gonna enjoy this record too."
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?