Jewel Kilcher Is Working on Songs for Unborn Baby
Pregnant singer Jewel Kilcher is drawing inspiration from her impending motherhood - she's writing an album for her unborn son.
The star has been trying to conceive with her husband, rodeo ace Ty Murray, since 2009 and they announced in January that they are expecting their first child later this year. And Jewel admits the testing journey has prompted her to channel her emotions into new songs for her baby.
She says, "I've actually been writing songs for him. I wrote an album called 'Lullaby' when I was trying to get pregnant, and now that I am pregnant, I'm writing a children's record so it's really been fun to write things that your children will wanna hear, and thinking what will be a fun story."
She adds, "I actually used a The Beatles song, 'Rocky Raccoon', as a template, because I think it's a song adults love and kids love. I want this to be an album that if you're an adult, you're gonna enjoy this record too."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'