Nicole Kidman Talks Fertility, Admitting 'Pain and Loss'
New mum Nicole Kidman has opened up about her "rollercoaster ride with fertility", admitting she suffered feelings of "pain and loss" when she was unable to conceive. The "Moulin Rouge!" star welcomed baby daughter Faith Margaret - her second with husband Keith Urban - in December, via a gestational carrier.
Kidman insists she "desperately" wanted to fall pregnant again after the birth of daughter Sunday Rose in 2008, and was forced to turn to surrogacy to complete her family. She tells Australia's "60 Minutes" show, "Anyone that's been in the place of wanting another child or wanting a child knows the disappointment, the pain and the loss that you go through trying and struggling with fertility. Fertility is such a big thing, and it's not something I've ever run away from talking about."
"We were in a place of desperately wanting another child. This opportunity arose for us, and I couldn't get pregnant."
More Nicole Kidman News
- Katt Williams Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting a Woman
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram