Nicole Kidman Talks Fertility, Admitting 'Pain and Loss'
New mum Nicole Kidman has opened up about her "rollercoaster ride with fertility", admitting she suffered feelings of "pain and loss" when she was unable to conceive. The "Moulin Rouge!" star welcomed baby daughter Faith Margaret - her second with husband Keith Urban - in December, via a gestational carrier.
Kidman insists she "desperately" wanted to fall pregnant again after the birth of daughter Sunday Rose in 2008, and was forced to turn to surrogacy to complete her family. She tells Australia's "60 Minutes" show, "Anyone that's been in the place of wanting another child or wanting a child knows the disappointment, the pain and the loss that you go through trying and struggling with fertility. Fertility is such a big thing, and it's not something I've ever run away from talking about."
"We were in a place of desperately wanting another child. This opportunity arose for us, and I couldn't get pregnant."
More Nicole Kidman News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle