Nicole Kidman Talks Fertility, Admitting 'Pain and Loss'
New mum Nicole Kidman has opened up about her "rollercoaster ride with fertility", admitting she suffered feelings of "pain and loss" when she was unable to conceive. The "Moulin Rouge!" star welcomed baby daughter Faith Margaret - her second with husband Keith Urban - in December, via a gestational carrier.
Kidman insists she "desperately" wanted to fall pregnant again after the birth of daughter Sunday Rose in 2008, and was forced to turn to surrogacy to complete her family. She tells Australia's "60 Minutes" show, "Anyone that's been in the place of wanting another child or wanting a child knows the disappointment, the pain and the loss that you go through trying and struggling with fertility. Fertility is such a big thing, and it's not something I've ever run away from talking about."
"We were in a place of desperately wanting another child. This opportunity arose for us, and I couldn't get pregnant."
More Nicole Kidman News
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos