Nicole Kidman Talks Fertility, Admitting 'Pain and Loss'
New mum Nicole Kidman has opened up about her "rollercoaster ride with fertility", admitting she suffered feelings of "pain and loss" when she was unable to conceive. The "Moulin Rouge!" star welcomed baby daughter Faith Margaret - her second with husband Keith Urban - in December, via a gestational carrier.
Kidman insists she "desperately" wanted to fall pregnant again after the birth of daughter Sunday Rose in 2008, and was forced to turn to surrogacy to complete her family. She tells Australia's "60 Minutes" show, "Anyone that's been in the place of wanting another child or wanting a child knows the disappointment, the pain and the loss that you go through trying and struggling with fertility. Fertility is such a big thing, and it's not something I've ever run away from talking about."
"We were in a place of desperately wanting another child. This opportunity arose for us, and I couldn't get pregnant."
More Nicole Kidman News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris