Nicole Kidman Talks Fertility, Admitting 'Pain and Loss'
New mum Nicole Kidman has opened up about her "rollercoaster ride with fertility", admitting she suffered feelings of "pain and loss" when she was unable to conceive. The "Moulin Rouge!" star welcomed baby daughter Faith Margaret - her second with husband Keith Urban - in December, via a gestational carrier.
Kidman insists she "desperately" wanted to fall pregnant again after the birth of daughter Sunday Rose in 2008, and was forced to turn to surrogacy to complete her family. She tells Australia's "60 Minutes" show, "Anyone that's been in the place of wanting another child or wanting a child knows the disappointment, the pain and the loss that you go through trying and struggling with fertility. Fertility is such a big thing, and it's not something I've ever run away from talking about."
"We were in a place of desperately wanting another child. This opportunity arose for us, and I couldn't get pregnant."
More Nicole Kidman News
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans