Tom Hardy Accepted His BAFTA Trophy After Family Holiday
Tom Hardy has finally received his British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) trophy, after snubbing the ceremony earlier this month to go on holiday.
The "Inception" actor landed the Rising Star Award ahead of fellow nominees Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Aaron Johnson and Gemma Arterton - but he was not at the ceremony to claim his prize.
Hardy admits he chose to miss the BAFTAs to go on holiday with fiancee Charlotte Riley and his son, Louis, from a previous relationship - because he never expected to land the prize.
He tells U.K. TV host Alan Carr, "I was about to go away to Georgia for six weeks and start a new film. I had a choice whether to go away before with my missus and my little boy or go to the BAFTAs. We watched it on TV and I was like, 'Oh no!' I never expected to win so thank you." Carr presented Hardy with the award during an interview, which is set to air in the U.K. on Monday, February 21.
More Tom Hardy News
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music