Tom Hardy Accepted His BAFTA Trophy After Family Holiday
Tom Hardy has finally received his British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) trophy, after snubbing the ceremony earlier this month to go on holiday.
The "Inception" actor landed the Rising Star Award ahead of fellow nominees Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Aaron Johnson and Gemma Arterton - but he was not at the ceremony to claim his prize.
Hardy admits he chose to miss the BAFTAs to go on holiday with fiancee Charlotte Riley and his son, Louis, from a previous relationship - because he never expected to land the prize.
He tells U.K. TV host Alan Carr, "I was about to go away to Georgia for six weeks and start a new film. I had a choice whether to go away before with my missus and my little boy or go to the BAFTAs. We watched it on TV and I was like, 'Oh no!' I never expected to win so thank you." Carr presented Hardy with the award during an interview, which is set to air in the U.K. on Monday, February 21.
More Tom Hardy News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered