Tom Hardy Accepted His BAFTA Trophy After Family Holiday
Tom Hardy has finally received his British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) trophy, after snubbing the ceremony earlier this month to go on holiday.
The "Inception" actor landed the Rising Star Award ahead of fellow nominees Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Aaron Johnson and Gemma Arterton - but he was not at the ceremony to claim his prize.
Hardy admits he chose to miss the BAFTAs to go on holiday with fiancee Charlotte Riley and his son, Louis, from a previous relationship - because he never expected to land the prize.
He tells U.K. TV host Alan Carr, "I was about to go away to Georgia for six weeks and start a new film. I had a choice whether to go away before with my missus and my little boy or go to the BAFTAs. We watched it on TV and I was like, 'Oh no!' I never expected to win so thank you." Carr presented Hardy with the award during an interview, which is set to air in the U.K. on Monday, February 21.
More Tom Hardy News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3