Tom Hardy Accepted His BAFTA Trophy After Family Holiday
Tom Hardy has finally received his British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) trophy, after snubbing the ceremony earlier this month to go on holiday.
The "Inception" actor landed the Rising Star Award ahead of fellow nominees Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Aaron Johnson and Gemma Arterton - but he was not at the ceremony to claim his prize.
Hardy admits he chose to miss the BAFTAs to go on holiday with fiancee Charlotte Riley and his son, Louis, from a previous relationship - because he never expected to land the prize.
He tells U.K. TV host Alan Carr, "I was about to go away to Georgia for six weeks and start a new film. I had a choice whether to go away before with my missus and my little boy or go to the BAFTAs. We watched it on TV and I was like, 'Oh no!' I never expected to win so thank you." Carr presented Hardy with the award during an interview, which is set to air in the U.K. on Monday, February 21.
More Tom Hardy News
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think