Tom Hardy Accepted His BAFTA Trophy After Family Holiday
Tom Hardy has finally received his British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) trophy, after snubbing the ceremony earlier this month to go on holiday.
The "Inception" actor landed the Rising Star Award ahead of fellow nominees Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Aaron Johnson and Gemma Arterton - but he was not at the ceremony to claim his prize.
Hardy admits he chose to miss the BAFTAs to go on holiday with fiancee Charlotte Riley and his son, Louis, from a previous relationship - because he never expected to land the prize.
He tells U.K. TV host Alan Carr, "I was about to go away to Georgia for six weeks and start a new film. I had a choice whether to go away before with my missus and my little boy or go to the BAFTAs. We watched it on TV and I was like, 'Oh no!' I never expected to win so thank you." Carr presented Hardy with the award during an interview, which is set to air in the U.K. on Monday, February 21.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle