Miley Cyrus Handed Honor for Being Youth's Idol
Miley Cyrus has been handed the first-ever Global Action Youth Leadership Award for helping to inspire youngsters. The "Hannah Montana" star was the guest of honor at the first Annual Global Action Awards Gala in California on Friday, February 18 and received the trophy from her idol, Hilary Duff.
Visibly moved by the honor, Cyrus told the audience, "I got to tell you that I never thought I would get an award from Hillary Duff. This is like a dream come true to me. She inspired me. I want (kids) to do something they love. Not something that seems like a chore because someone tells them that's the right thing to do or what their parents want or what's important to people around them, but what's in their heart."
Cyrus has been involved in several youth-focused organizations to help younger generations, including The Blessings in a Backpack program and the Get Your Good On campaign. She also recently revealed charity work is high on her list of things to do in 2011 and she hopes to work as a missionary in Indonesia.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom