Miley Cyrus Handed Honor for Being Youth's Idol
Miley Cyrus has been handed the first-ever Global Action Youth Leadership Award for helping to inspire youngsters. The "Hannah Montana" star was the guest of honor at the first Annual Global Action Awards Gala in California on Friday, February 18 and received the trophy from her idol, Hilary Duff.
Visibly moved by the honor, Cyrus told the audience, "I got to tell you that I never thought I would get an award from Hillary Duff. This is like a dream come true to me. She inspired me. I want (kids) to do something they love. Not something that seems like a chore because someone tells them that's the right thing to do or what their parents want or what's important to people around them, but what's in their heart."
Cyrus has been involved in several youth-focused organizations to help younger generations, including The Blessings in a Backpack program and the Get Your Good On campaign. She also recently revealed charity work is high on her list of things to do in 2011 and she hopes to work as a missionary in Indonesia.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'