Miley Cyrus Handed Honor for Being Youth's Idol
Miley Cyrus has been handed the first-ever Global Action Youth Leadership Award for helping to inspire youngsters. The "Hannah Montana" star was the guest of honor at the first Annual Global Action Awards Gala in California on Friday, February 18 and received the trophy from her idol, Hilary Duff.
Visibly moved by the honor, Cyrus told the audience, "I got to tell you that I never thought I would get an award from Hillary Duff. This is like a dream come true to me. She inspired me. I want (kids) to do something they love. Not something that seems like a chore because someone tells them that's the right thing to do or what their parents want or what's important to people around them, but what's in their heart."
Cyrus has been involved in several youth-focused organizations to help younger generations, including The Blessings in a Backpack program and the Get Your Good On campaign. She also recently revealed charity work is high on her list of things to do in 2011 and she hopes to work as a missionary in Indonesia.
More Miley Cyrus News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video