Miley Cyrus Handed Honor for Being Youth's Idol
Miley Cyrus has been handed the first-ever Global Action Youth Leadership Award for helping to inspire youngsters. The "Hannah Montana" star was the guest of honor at the first Annual Global Action Awards Gala in California on Friday, February 18 and received the trophy from her idol, Hilary Duff.
Visibly moved by the honor, Cyrus told the audience, "I got to tell you that I never thought I would get an award from Hillary Duff. This is like a dream come true to me. She inspired me. I want (kids) to do something they love. Not something that seems like a chore because someone tells them that's the right thing to do or what their parents want or what's important to people around them, but what's in their heart."
Cyrus has been involved in several youth-focused organizations to help younger generations, including The Blessings in a Backpack program and the Get Your Good On campaign. She also recently revealed charity work is high on her list of things to do in 2011 and she hopes to work as a missionary in Indonesia.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory