'The Social Network' Takes Top Prize at Editor Awards
"The Social Network" has another honor to add to its growing list of accolades - it has taken the top prize at the American Cinema Editors (ACE) Awards. The movie, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield, is among the frontrunners for this month's Oscars, and it was awarded the Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) at the Los Angeles ceremony on Saturday, February 19.
Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy or Musical) went to "Alice in Wonderland", while "Toy Story 3" was named the Best Edited Animation Feature Film. Other winners at the prizegiving include "Temple Grandin" (Best Edited Miniseries or Motion Picture for Television) and "Modern Family" (Best Edited Half Hour Series for Television).
The ACE Awards often serve as a good indicator of the eventual Best Picture â�¨Academy Award winner - over the past five years, the honor has matched the Oscar for Editing and Best Picture each time, except in 2007.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass