Rufus Wainwright Has First Baby via Surrogate
Singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright is a first-time father - and the child is his hero Leonard Cohen's granddaughter. The 37 year old star broke the happy news on his website on Friday, February 18, insisting he and partner Jorn Weisbrodt are proud dads.
In a post, the gay star wrote, "Darling daughter Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen was born on February 2, 2011 in Los Angeles, California to parents Lorca Cohen, Rufus Wainwright and Deputy Dad Jorn Weisbrodt. The little angel is evidently healthy, presumably happy and certainly very, very beautiful." The mother is Leonard Cohen's daughter.
Wainwright adds in his post, "Daddy #1 would like to offer everyone a digital cigar and welcome the little lady in with a French phrase from his favorite folk song, A La Claire Fontaine: 'Il y a longtemps que je t'aime, jamais je ne t'oublierai'."
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time