Rufus Wainwright Has First Baby via Surrogate
Singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright is a first-time father - and the child is his hero Leonard Cohen's granddaughter. The 37 year old star broke the happy news on his website on Friday, February 18, insisting he and partner Jorn Weisbrodt are proud dads.
In a post, the gay star wrote, "Darling daughter Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen was born on February 2, 2011 in Los Angeles, California to parents Lorca Cohen, Rufus Wainwright and Deputy Dad Jorn Weisbrodt. The little angel is evidently healthy, presumably happy and certainly very, very beautiful." The mother is Leonard Cohen's daughter.
Wainwright adds in his post, "Daddy #1 would like to offer everyone a digital cigar and welcome the little lady in with a French phrase from his favorite folk song, A La Claire Fontaine: 'Il y a longtemps que je t'aime, jamais je ne t'oublierai'."
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth