Rufus Wainwright Has First Baby via Surrogate
Singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright is a first-time father - and the child is his hero Leonard Cohen's granddaughter. The 37 year old star broke the happy news on his website on Friday, February 18, insisting he and partner Jorn Weisbrodt are proud dads.
In a post, the gay star wrote, "Darling daughter Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen was born on February 2, 2011 in Los Angeles, California to parents Lorca Cohen, Rufus Wainwright and Deputy Dad Jorn Weisbrodt. The little angel is evidently healthy, presumably happy and certainly very, very beautiful." The mother is Leonard Cohen's daughter.
Wainwright adds in his post, "Daddy #1 would like to offer everyone a digital cigar and welcome the little lady in with a French phrase from his favorite folk song, A La Claire Fontaine: 'Il y a longtemps que je t'aime, jamais je ne t'oublierai'."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest