Rufus Wainwright Has First Baby via Surrogate
Singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright is a first-time father - and the child is his hero Leonard Cohen's granddaughter. The 37 year old star broke the happy news on his website on Friday, February 18, insisting he and partner Jorn Weisbrodt are proud dads.
In a post, the gay star wrote, "Darling daughter Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen was born on February 2, 2011 in Los Angeles, California to parents Lorca Cohen, Rufus Wainwright and Deputy Dad Jorn Weisbrodt. The little angel is evidently healthy, presumably happy and certainly very, very beautiful." The mother is Leonard Cohen's daughter.
Wainwright adds in his post, "Daddy #1 would like to offer everyone a digital cigar and welcome the little lady in with a French phrase from his favorite folk song, A La Claire Fontaine: 'Il y a longtemps que je t'aime, jamais je ne t'oublierai'."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen