Oscar Bosses Said No to Banksy Appearing in Disguise
Oscars bosses have refused artist/director Banksy's request to take to the Academy Awards stage in disguise - if he wins a Best Documentary award. Representatives for the multi-media maverick have reportedly approached officials at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and asked them if the enigmatic artist could accept his award, if "Exit Through The Gift Shop" wins, wearing an odd outfit - so he doesn't have to reveal his identity.
But the Oscar chiefs said no. Academy Executive Director Bruce Davis tells EW.com, "The fun but disquieting scenario is that if the film wins and five guys in monkey masks come to the stage all saying, 'I'm Banksy,' who the hell do we give it (award) to?"
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance