Oscar Bosses Said No to Banksy Appearing in Disguise
Oscars bosses have refused artist/director Banksy's request to take to the Academy Awards stage in disguise - if he wins a Best Documentary award. Representatives for the multi-media maverick have reportedly approached officials at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and asked them if the enigmatic artist could accept his award, if "Exit Through The Gift Shop" wins, wearing an odd outfit - so he doesn't have to reveal his identity.
But the Oscar chiefs said no. Academy Executive Director Bruce Davis tells EW.com, "The fun but disquieting scenario is that if the film wins and five guys in monkey masks come to the stage all saying, 'I'm Banksy,' who the hell do we give it (award) to?"
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist