Oscar Bosses Said No to Banksy Appearing in Disguise
Oscars bosses have refused artist/director Banksy's request to take to the Academy Awards stage in disguise - if he wins a Best Documentary award. Representatives for the multi-media maverick have reportedly approached officials at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and asked them if the enigmatic artist could accept his award, if "Exit Through The Gift Shop" wins, wearing an odd outfit - so he doesn't have to reveal his identity.
But the Oscar chiefs said no. Academy Executive Director Bruce Davis tells EW.com, "The fun but disquieting scenario is that if the film wins and five guys in monkey masks come to the stage all saying, 'I'm Banksy,' who the hell do we give it (award) to?"
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board