Oscar Bosses Said No to Banksy Appearing in Disguise
Oscars bosses have refused artist/director Banksy's request to take to the Academy Awards stage in disguise - if he wins a Best Documentary award. Representatives for the multi-media maverick have reportedly approached officials at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and asked them if the enigmatic artist could accept his award, if "Exit Through The Gift Shop" wins, wearing an odd outfit - so he doesn't have to reveal his identity.
But the Oscar chiefs said no. Academy Executive Director Bruce Davis tells EW.com, "The fun but disquieting scenario is that if the film wins and five guys in monkey masks come to the stage all saying, 'I'm Banksy,' who the hell do we give it (award) to?"
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny