Oscar Bosses Said No to Banksy Appearing in Disguise
Oscars bosses have refused artist/director Banksy's request to take to the Academy Awards stage in disguise - if he wins a Best Documentary award. Representatives for the multi-media maverick have reportedly approached officials at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and asked them if the enigmatic artist could accept his award, if "Exit Through The Gift Shop" wins, wearing an odd outfit - so he doesn't have to reveal his identity.
But the Oscar chiefs said no. Academy Executive Director Bruce Davis tells EW.com, "The fun but disquieting scenario is that if the film wins and five guys in monkey masks come to the stage all saying, 'I'm Banksy,' who the hell do we give it (award) to?"
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off