Former Alice in Chains Bassist Mike Starr Is Arrested for Drug Charge
Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr has been arrested for possessing drugs. The rocker, who has endured a lengthy battle with substance abuse and appeared on U.S. show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2009, was busted by cops on Thursday, February 17 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Starr was booked on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and is being held on a $20,000 bond, reports TMZ.com. The quantity and type of drug was unknown as WENN went to press.
He tried to avoid the count on him by boasting his fame to police, saying, "Hey officer, have you heard of Alice in Chains? I used to be the base [sic] guitarist for them. We are down here in Utah. Me and Travis are putting together a new band."
Star had been in legal trouble before in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City. His past charges include DUI, reckless driving, and various drug charges.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio