Former Alice in Chains Bassist Mike Starr Is Arrested for Drug Charge
Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr has been arrested for possessing drugs. The rocker, who has endured a lengthy battle with substance abuse and appeared on U.S. show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2009, was busted by cops on Thursday, February 17 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Starr was booked on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and is being held on a $20,000 bond, reports TMZ.com. The quantity and type of drug was unknown as WENN went to press.
He tried to avoid the count on him by boasting his fame to police, saying, "Hey officer, have you heard of Alice in Chains? I used to be the base [sic] guitarist for them. We are down here in Utah. Me and Travis are putting together a new band."
Star had been in legal trouble before in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City. His past charges include DUI, reckless driving, and various drug charges.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie