Former Alice in Chains Bassist Mike Starr Is Arrested for Drug Charge
Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr has been arrested for possessing drugs. The rocker, who has endured a lengthy battle with substance abuse and appeared on U.S. show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2009, was busted by cops on Thursday, February 17 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Starr was booked on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and is being held on a $20,000 bond, reports TMZ.com. The quantity and type of drug was unknown as WENN went to press.
He tried to avoid the count on him by boasting his fame to police, saying, "Hey officer, have you heard of Alice in Chains? I used to be the base [sic] guitarist for them. We are down here in Utah. Me and Travis are putting together a new band."
Star had been in legal trouble before in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City. His past charges include DUI, reckless driving, and various drug charges.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones