Former Alice in Chains Bassist Mike Starr Is Arrested for Drug Charge
Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr has been arrested for possessing drugs. The rocker, who has endured a lengthy battle with substance abuse and appeared on U.S. show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2009, was busted by cops on Thursday, February 17 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Starr was booked on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and is being held on a $20,000 bond, reports TMZ.com. The quantity and type of drug was unknown as WENN went to press.
He tried to avoid the count on him by boasting his fame to police, saying, "Hey officer, have you heard of Alice in Chains? I used to be the base [sic] guitarist for them. We are down here in Utah. Me and Travis are putting together a new band."
Star had been in legal trouble before in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City. His past charges include DUI, reckless driving, and various drug charges.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle