Former Alice in Chains Bassist Mike Starr Is Arrested for Drug Charge
Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr has been arrested for possessing drugs. The rocker, who has endured a lengthy battle with substance abuse and appeared on U.S. show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2009, was busted by cops on Thursday, February 17 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Starr was booked on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and is being held on a $20,000 bond, reports TMZ.com. The quantity and type of drug was unknown as WENN went to press.
He tried to avoid the count on him by boasting his fame to police, saying, "Hey officer, have you heard of Alice in Chains? I used to be the base [sic] guitarist for them. We are down here in Utah. Me and Travis are putting together a new band."
Star had been in legal trouble before in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City. His past charges include DUI, reckless driving, and various drug charges.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'