Radiohead Fans Turned Up at Shibuya Despite Warning
Thousands of Radiohead fans flocked to see the band in Tokyo, Japan on Friday, February 18, despite their publicist issuing a statement revealing they would not be there. The group sparked rumors they would be playing a surprise gig in the city's Hachiko Square in Shibuya when they wrote a cryptic message on Twitter.com, stating, "Hachiko Square Shibuya, 59 minutes at 18 Friday."
A publicist for the band shot down the reports, insisting the message was not meant to spark rumors of a gig. The spokesperson said, "The band will not be in Japan tomorrow, so people should not go to Shibuya expecting to see the band in person."
But hundreds of revelers still turned out in the hope of catching a glimpse of the musicians and were left infuriated by the no-show. One fan, Yukimi Watanabe, tells NME.com, "I can't believe they got us all out here and then canceled it. But it's a really fun vibe. There are loads of other Radiohead fans to hang out with."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift