Billy Ray Cyrus: 'I Should Have Been a Better Parent'
Billy Ray Cyrus regrets becoming a friend to his children, insisting he "should have been a better parent" to Miley Cyrus and her siblings. The country star has always been close to his children, Miley, Braison and Noah, as well as estranged wife Tish's kids - Brandi and Trace Cyrus- from a previous relationship.
Cyrus has often accompanied the "Hannah Montana" star to red carpet events and the teen star has previously admitted they enjoy a relaxed relationship. But after watching Miley become embroiled in a string of scandals in recent months, including controversy over video footage showing her smoking a legal high from a bong, the "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker admits he now wishes he had been more firm with her when she was growing up.
He tells GQ magazine, "How many interviews did I give and say, 'You know what's important between me and Miley is I try to be a friend to my kids'? I said it a lot. And sometimes I would even read other parents might say, 'You don't need to be a friend, you need to be a parent.' Well, I'm the first guy to say to them right now: You were right. I should have been a better parent."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper