Billy Ray Cyrus: 'I Should Have Been a Better Parent'
Billy Ray Cyrus regrets becoming a friend to his children, insisting he "should have been a better parent" to Miley Cyrus and her siblings. The country star has always been close to his children, Miley, Braison and Noah, as well as estranged wife Tish's kids - Brandi and Trace Cyrus- from a previous relationship.
Cyrus has often accompanied the "Hannah Montana" star to red carpet events and the teen star has previously admitted they enjoy a relaxed relationship. But after watching Miley become embroiled in a string of scandals in recent months, including controversy over video footage showing her smoking a legal high from a bong, the "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker admits he now wishes he had been more firm with her when she was growing up.
He tells GQ magazine, "How many interviews did I give and say, 'You know what's important between me and Miley is I try to be a friend to my kids'? I said it a lot. And sometimes I would even read other parents might say, 'You don't need to be a friend, you need to be a parent.' Well, I'm the first guy to say to them right now: You were right. I should have been a better parent."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal