Billy Ray Cyrus: 'I Should Have Been a Better Parent'
Billy Ray Cyrus regrets becoming a friend to his children, insisting he "should have been a better parent" to Miley Cyrus and her siblings. The country star has always been close to his children, Miley, Braison and Noah, as well as estranged wife Tish's kids - Brandi and Trace Cyrus- from a previous relationship.
Cyrus has often accompanied the "Hannah Montana" star to red carpet events and the teen star has previously admitted they enjoy a relaxed relationship. But after watching Miley become embroiled in a string of scandals in recent months, including controversy over video footage showing her smoking a legal high from a bong, the "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker admits he now wishes he had been more firm with her when she was growing up.
He tells GQ magazine, "How many interviews did I give and say, 'You know what's important between me and Miley is I try to be a friend to my kids'? I said it a lot. And sometimes I would even read other parents might say, 'You don't need to be a friend, you need to be a parent.' Well, I'm the first guy to say to them right now: You were right. I should have been a better parent."
More Billy Ray Cyrus News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna