Billy Ray Cyrus: 'I Should Have Been a Better Parent'
Billy Ray Cyrus regrets becoming a friend to his children, insisting he "should have been a better parent" to Miley Cyrus and her siblings. The country star has always been close to his children, Miley, Braison and Noah, as well as estranged wife Tish's kids - Brandi and Trace Cyrus- from a previous relationship.
Cyrus has often accompanied the "Hannah Montana" star to red carpet events and the teen star has previously admitted they enjoy a relaxed relationship. But after watching Miley become embroiled in a string of scandals in recent months, including controversy over video footage showing her smoking a legal high from a bong, the "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker admits he now wishes he had been more firm with her when she was growing up.
He tells GQ magazine, "How many interviews did I give and say, 'You know what's important between me and Miley is I try to be a friend to my kids'? I said it a lot. And sometimes I would even read other parents might say, 'You don't need to be a friend, you need to be a parent.' Well, I'm the first guy to say to them right now: You were right. I should have been a better parent."
More Billy Ray Cyrus News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding