Billy Ray Cyrus: 'I Should Have Been a Better Parent'
Billy Ray Cyrus regrets becoming a friend to his children, insisting he "should have been a better parent" to Miley Cyrus and her siblings. The country star has always been close to his children, Miley, Braison and Noah, as well as estranged wife Tish's kids - Brandi and Trace Cyrus- from a previous relationship.
Cyrus has often accompanied the "Hannah Montana" star to red carpet events and the teen star has previously admitted they enjoy a relaxed relationship. But after watching Miley become embroiled in a string of scandals in recent months, including controversy over video footage showing her smoking a legal high from a bong, the "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker admits he now wishes he had been more firm with her when she was growing up.
He tells GQ magazine, "How many interviews did I give and say, 'You know what's important between me and Miley is I try to be a friend to my kids'? I said it a lot. And sometimes I would even read other parents might say, 'You don't need to be a friend, you need to be a parent.' Well, I'm the first guy to say to them right now: You were right. I should have been a better parent."
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen