Larry King: Piers Morgan Is Just Oversold
U.S. newsman Larry King has defended his CNN talk show replacement Piers Morgan after his program received poor ratings, putting the low viewer figures down to too much hype ahead of its launch.
The 77 year old announced last summer he was leaving his nightly show and the British TV personality was revealed as the new host. Morgan dominated headlines ahead of the program's January relaunch - but his interviews have failed to win over as many viewers as King's chat show.
However, the veteran newsman has praised Morgan as "a fine broadcaster", insisting the show may have been "oversold" to the American public. He tells Britain's Radio 4, "I think he's a fine broadcaster. I haven't seen a lot, but the times I've seen, they have been fine."
"One of the problems they did was to oversell it - they said he was going to be dangerous, he was going to be water-cooler talk, it was 'Wait till you see me, I'm different.' Well, he's good - but he's not that dangerous. Maybe there's one thing, he's been oversold."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media