The 5 Browns' Dad Pleaded Guilty on Sexually Abusing Daughters
The father of sibling classical music group The 5 Browns has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing three of his daughters when they were kids. Last week, Keith Scott Brown, 55, was charged with abusing Desirae, now 32, Deondra, now 30, and 26-year-old Melody, who front the popular group.
He appeared in court in Utah on Thursday, February 17 and pleaded guilty to sodomy on a child under 14, and two charges of sex abuse of a child. He faces at least 10 years behind bars when he's sentenced at the end of March.
A statement from the group thanks fans and friends for "their concern and prayers on our behalf during this trying time."
Brown's father's lawyer said he first confessed the abuse to his bishop at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but prosecutor said the daughters first reported the abuse to police, as written on the Deseret News, which is published by a company owned by the church.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel