The 5 Browns' Dad Pleaded Guilty on Sexually Abusing Daughters
The father of sibling classical music group The 5 Browns has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing three of his daughters when they were kids. Last week, Keith Scott Brown, 55, was charged with abusing Desirae, now 32, Deondra, now 30, and 26-year-old Melody, who front the popular group.
He appeared in court in Utah on Thursday, February 17 and pleaded guilty to sodomy on a child under 14, and two charges of sex abuse of a child. He faces at least 10 years behind bars when he's sentenced at the end of March.
A statement from the group thanks fans and friends for "their concern and prayers on our behalf during this trying time."
Brown's father's lawyer said he first confessed the abuse to his bishop at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but prosecutor said the daughters first reported the abuse to police, as written on the Deseret News, which is published by a company owned by the church.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture