The 5 Browns' Dad Pleaded Guilty on Sexually Abusing Daughters
The father of sibling classical music group The 5 Browns has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing three of his daughters when they were kids. Last week, Keith Scott Brown, 55, was charged with abusing Desirae, now 32, Deondra, now 30, and 26-year-old Melody, who front the popular group.
He appeared in court in Utah on Thursday, February 17 and pleaded guilty to sodomy on a child under 14, and two charges of sex abuse of a child. He faces at least 10 years behind bars when he's sentenced at the end of March.
A statement from the group thanks fans and friends for "their concern and prayers on our behalf during this trying time."
Brown's father's lawyer said he first confessed the abuse to his bishop at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but prosecutor said the daughters first reported the abuse to police, as written on the Deseret News, which is published by a company owned by the church.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour