The 5 Browns' Dad Pleaded Guilty on Sexually Abusing Daughters
The father of sibling classical music group The 5 Browns has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing three of his daughters when they were kids. Last week, Keith Scott Brown, 55, was charged with abusing Desirae, now 32, Deondra, now 30, and 26-year-old Melody, who front the popular group.
He appeared in court in Utah on Thursday, February 17 and pleaded guilty to sodomy on a child under 14, and two charges of sex abuse of a child. He faces at least 10 years behind bars when he's sentenced at the end of March.
A statement from the group thanks fans and friends for "their concern and prayers on our behalf during this trying time."
Brown's father's lawyer said he first confessed the abuse to his bishop at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but prosecutor said the daughters first reported the abuse to police, as written on the Deseret News, which is published by a company owned by the church.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video