Rumor of Radiohead's Surprise Gig in Tokyo Is Not True
A publicist for Radiohead has warned Japanese fans not to turn up to a 'surprise gig' in Tokyo on Friday, 18 - because the band won't be there. A cryptic message posted on the group's Twitter.com led Japanese fans to speculate the rockers were set to play a secret show in the city's Hachiko Square in Shibuya.
The post, written in Japanese, said, "Hachiko Square Shibuya, 59 minutes at 18 Friday." But a publicist for the band has insisted the message was not meant to spark rumours of a gig.
The spokesperson says, "The band will not be in Japan tomorrow, so people should not go to Shibuya expecting to see the band in person." It appears ads for Radiohead's highly-anticipated new album "The King of Limbs", which is due out on Saturday, February 19, will be beamed onto huge screens that surround Hachiko Square.
More Radiohead News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding