Rumor of Radiohead's Surprise Gig in Tokyo Is Not True
A publicist for Radiohead has warned Japanese fans not to turn up to a 'surprise gig' in Tokyo on Friday, 18 - because the band won't be there. A cryptic message posted on the group's Twitter.com led Japanese fans to speculate the rockers were set to play a secret show in the city's Hachiko Square in Shibuya.
The post, written in Japanese, said, "Hachiko Square Shibuya, 59 minutes at 18 Friday." But a publicist for the band has insisted the message was not meant to spark rumours of a gig.
The spokesperson says, "The band will not be in Japan tomorrow, so people should not go to Shibuya expecting to see the band in person." It appears ads for Radiohead's highly-anticipated new album "The King of Limbs", which is due out on Saturday, February 19, will be beamed onto huge screens that surround Hachiko Square.
More Radiohead News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth