Anna Nicole Smith Opera Upsets Estate Bosses
The producers of a bawdy new opera chronicling the life of tragic actress/model Anna Nicole Smith have upset officials looking after her estate for staging the show without their consent. The production is currently onstage at the Royal Opera House in London and the late star's former boyfriend, Larry Birkhead, has revealed lawyers are drawing up legal documents.
He claims the producers never contacted Anna's estate bosses or him about the opera, which he calls a "sleazy tabloid". Birkhead tells TMZ.com, "If they (producers) are not careful, they'll get more than diet pills in the mail."
The new opera features an explicit scene in which the star performs oral sex on her late wheelchair-bound husband, 80-year-old oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall. Composer Richard Thomas has previously defended his decision to create the show, insisting Smith's tragic life was "endlessly fascinating and perfect" for the stage.
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free