Anna Nicole Smith Opera Upsets Estate Bosses
The producers of a bawdy new opera chronicling the life of tragic actress/model Anna Nicole Smith have upset officials looking after her estate for staging the show without their consent. The production is currently onstage at the Royal Opera House in London and the late star's former boyfriend, Larry Birkhead, has revealed lawyers are drawing up legal documents.
He claims the producers never contacted Anna's estate bosses or him about the opera, which he calls a "sleazy tabloid". Birkhead tells TMZ.com, "If they (producers) are not careful, they'll get more than diet pills in the mail."
The new opera features an explicit scene in which the star performs oral sex on her late wheelchair-bound husband, 80-year-old oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall. Composer Richard Thomas has previously defended his decision to create the show, insisting Smith's tragic life was "endlessly fascinating and perfect" for the stage.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?