Anna Nicole Smith Opera Upsets Estate Bosses
The producers of a bawdy new opera chronicling the life of tragic actress/model Anna Nicole Smith have upset officials looking after her estate for staging the show without their consent. The production is currently onstage at the Royal Opera House in London and the late star's former boyfriend, Larry Birkhead, has revealed lawyers are drawing up legal documents.
He claims the producers never contacted Anna's estate bosses or him about the opera, which he calls a "sleazy tabloid". Birkhead tells TMZ.com, "If they (producers) are not careful, they'll get more than diet pills in the mail."
The new opera features an explicit scene in which the star performs oral sex on her late wheelchair-bound husband, 80-year-old oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall. Composer Richard Thomas has previously defended his decision to create the show, insisting Smith's tragic life was "endlessly fascinating and perfect" for the stage.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?