May 24, 2016  

Anna Nicole Smith Opera Upsets Estate Bosses

February 18, 2011 (7:24 am) GMT
The late star's former boyfriend reveals the estate bosses are planning to launch legal action against the producers.

The producers of a bawdy new opera chronicling the life of tragic actress/model have upset officials looking after her estate for staging the show without their consent. The production is currently onstage at the Royal Opera House in London and the late star's former boyfriend, Larry Birkhead, has revealed lawyers are drawing up legal documents.

He claims the producers never contacted Anna's estate bosses or him about the opera, which he calls a "sleazy tabloid". Birkhead tells TMZ.com, "If they (producers) are not careful, they'll get more than diet pills in the mail."

The new opera features an explicit scene in which the star performs oral sex on her late wheelchair-bound husband, 80-year-old oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall. Composer Richard Thomas has previously defended his decision to create the show, insisting Smith's tragic life was "endlessly fascinating and perfect" for the stage.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
  2. Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
  3. Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
  4. 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
  5. Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
  6. Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
  7. Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
  8. Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story