Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle Offered to Take T.I.'s Fall
Incarcerated rapper T.I. could have avoided his stint in jail - his wife Tameka Cottle offered to "take the fall" for the star, but confesses "it wasn't able to be done". The "Live Your Life" hit maker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., has been in and out of prison over the past year and is currently serving an 11-month sentence in Arkansas for violating his probation following a drug arrest in September 2010.
The hip-hop star was jailed in November 2010 after he and Cottle were detained by police officers who allegedly found drugs during a search of the couple's car. Cottle has now opened up about the circumstances surrounding the arrest, revealing she was willing to go to prison to help the star avoid another jail sentence.
She tells XXL magazine, "I feel like, if you don't know the details on it, you can't say I could take the fall. If I could have, I would have said, 'Well, yeah, that's me.' But it wasn't able to be done. And for one, there were other people, other friends in the car that could have taken the fall, but it couldn't happen.
She adds, "It's time-out for any nonsense. We know what to do now. Not that we didn't then, but things happen. He's never gonna go back to jail. We can't have that."
More Tameka Cottle News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'