Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle Offered to Take T.I.'s Fall
Incarcerated rapper T.I. could have avoided his stint in jail - his wife Tameka Cottle offered to "take the fall" for the star, but confesses "it wasn't able to be done". The "Live Your Life" hit maker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., has been in and out of prison over the past year and is currently serving an 11-month sentence in Arkansas for violating his probation following a drug arrest in September 2010.
The hip-hop star was jailed in November 2010 after he and Cottle were detained by police officers who allegedly found drugs during a search of the couple's car. Cottle has now opened up about the circumstances surrounding the arrest, revealing she was willing to go to prison to help the star avoid another jail sentence.
She tells XXL magazine, "I feel like, if you don't know the details on it, you can't say I could take the fall. If I could have, I would have said, 'Well, yeah, that's me.' But it wasn't able to be done. And for one, there were other people, other friends in the car that could have taken the fall, but it couldn't happen.
She adds, "It's time-out for any nonsense. We know what to do now. Not that we didn't then, but things happen. He's never gonna go back to jail. We can't have that."
More Tameka Cottle News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage