Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle Offered to Take T.I.'s Fall
Incarcerated rapper T.I. could have avoided his stint in jail - his wife Tameka Cottle offered to "take the fall" for the star, but confesses "it wasn't able to be done". The "Live Your Life" hit maker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., has been in and out of prison over the past year and is currently serving an 11-month sentence in Arkansas for violating his probation following a drug arrest in September 2010.
The hip-hop star was jailed in November 2010 after he and Cottle were detained by police officers who allegedly found drugs during a search of the couple's car. Cottle has now opened up about the circumstances surrounding the arrest, revealing she was willing to go to prison to help the star avoid another jail sentence.
She tells XXL magazine, "I feel like, if you don't know the details on it, you can't say I could take the fall. If I could have, I would have said, 'Well, yeah, that's me.' But it wasn't able to be done. And for one, there were other people, other friends in the car that could have taken the fall, but it couldn't happen.
She adds, "It's time-out for any nonsense. We know what to do now. Not that we didn't then, but things happen. He's never gonna go back to jail. We can't have that."
More Tameka Cottle News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media