Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle Offered to Take T.I.'s Fall
Incarcerated rapper T.I. could have avoided his stint in jail - his wife Tameka Cottle offered to "take the fall" for the star, but confesses "it wasn't able to be done". The "Live Your Life" hit maker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., has been in and out of prison over the past year and is currently serving an 11-month sentence in Arkansas for violating his probation following a drug arrest in September 2010.
The hip-hop star was jailed in November 2010 after he and Cottle were detained by police officers who allegedly found drugs during a search of the couple's car. Cottle has now opened up about the circumstances surrounding the arrest, revealing she was willing to go to prison to help the star avoid another jail sentence.
She tells XXL magazine, "I feel like, if you don't know the details on it, you can't say I could take the fall. If I could have, I would have said, 'Well, yeah, that's me.' But it wasn't able to be done. And for one, there were other people, other friends in the car that could have taken the fall, but it couldn't happen.
She adds, "It's time-out for any nonsense. We know what to do now. Not that we didn't then, but things happen. He's never gonna go back to jail. We can't have that."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says