Aretha Franklin Gives Up Junk Food for Healthy Life
Aretha Franklin has been forced to give up her beloved junk food in a bid to get healthy following her minor surgery in December 2010, and she is determined to keep her new slimmed-down figure. The Queen of Soul worried fans when she scrapped a series of end-of-year shows in 2010 to recover from sickness. She has refused to reveal the nature of her ailment, but recently dismissed reports she has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
She missed out on an all-female tribute to herself at the Grammys on Sunday, February 13, but appeared by video link sporting a much slimmer figure. And the star has revealed she has been working hard at beating the bulge since her health scare - finally giving up her love of fatty pork products.
She tells the Associated Press, "I want to not only maintain the weight I am at now, but better it, by one dress size. They're off my diet. They just really don't fit with (health food store) Whole Foods. I had it for enough years that I don't miss it. You can't continue to eat things that are not good for you."
But the legend admits she'll miss her calorie-laden snacks when she finishes performing, "When you come off (a high-energy concert), a carrot or some celery just isn't going to work. I've gotta do a fresh fruit thing... and come up with some tasty and satisfying recipes that are going to work for me after concerts."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season