Buju Banton Felt Ashamed of Being Drugs Boaster
Reggae star Buju Banton confessed his shame to boasting about drugs to an undercover agent in court on Wednesday, February 16.
The Grammy Award winner has been charged with several cocaine-related counts, but he insists all he's guilty of is trying to impress a U.S. government informant with details of a fictional drug deal. The Jamaican testified in a Tampa, Florida courthouse that he met the man during a flight from Spain in July 2009 and they plotted a drug deal. Banton told the court he never intended to follow through with the plan.
Wednesday's hearing marked the start of his second trial. The jury in his first trial were left deadlocked. Stephen Marley was among the witnesses testifying about Banton's character on the reggae star's behalf. He faces life in prison if he's found guilty.
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs