Buju Banton Felt Ashamed of Being Drugs Boaster
Reggae star Buju Banton confessed his shame to boasting about drugs to an undercover agent in court on Wednesday, February 16.
The Grammy Award winner has been charged with several cocaine-related counts, but he insists all he's guilty of is trying to impress a U.S. government informant with details of a fictional drug deal. The Jamaican testified in a Tampa, Florida courthouse that he met the man during a flight from Spain in July 2009 and they plotted a drug deal. Banton told the court he never intended to follow through with the plan.
Wednesday's hearing marked the start of his second trial. The jury in his first trial were left deadlocked. Stephen Marley was among the witnesses testifying about Banton's character on the reggae star's behalf. He faces life in prison if he's found guilty.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie