Buju Banton Felt Ashamed of Being Drugs Boaster
Reggae star Buju Banton confessed his shame to boasting about drugs to an undercover agent in court on Wednesday, February 16.
The Grammy Award winner has been charged with several cocaine-related counts, but he insists all he's guilty of is trying to impress a U.S. government informant with details of a fictional drug deal. The Jamaican testified in a Tampa, Florida courthouse that he met the man during a flight from Spain in July 2009 and they plotted a drug deal. Banton told the court he never intended to follow through with the plan.
Wednesday's hearing marked the start of his second trial. The jury in his first trial were left deadlocked. Stephen Marley was among the witnesses testifying about Banton's character on the reggae star's behalf. He faces life in prison if he's found guilty.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences