Buju Banton Felt Ashamed of Being Drugs Boaster
Reggae star Buju Banton confessed his shame to boasting about drugs to an undercover agent in court on Wednesday, February 16.
The Grammy Award winner has been charged with several cocaine-related counts, but he insists all he's guilty of is trying to impress a U.S. government informant with details of a fictional drug deal. The Jamaican testified in a Tampa, Florida courthouse that he met the man during a flight from Spain in July 2009 and they plotted a drug deal. Banton told the court he never intended to follow through with the plan.
Wednesday's hearing marked the start of his second trial. The jury in his first trial were left deadlocked. Stephen Marley was among the witnesses testifying about Banton's character on the reggae star's behalf. He faces life in prison if he's found guilty.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce