Buju Banton Felt Ashamed of Being Drugs Boaster
Reggae star Buju Banton confessed his shame to boasting about drugs to an undercover agent in court on Wednesday, February 16.
The Grammy Award winner has been charged with several cocaine-related counts, but he insists all he's guilty of is trying to impress a U.S. government informant with details of a fictional drug deal. The Jamaican testified in a Tampa, Florida courthouse that he met the man during a flight from Spain in July 2009 and they plotted a drug deal. Banton told the court he never intended to follow through with the plan.
Wednesday's hearing marked the start of his second trial. The jury in his first trial were left deadlocked. Stephen Marley was among the witnesses testifying about Banton's character on the reggae star's behalf. He faces life in prison if he's found guilty.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'