Chris Tomlin and tobyMac Lead 2011 Dove Awards Nominations
Gospel singers Chris Tomlin and tobyMac are set to dominate the 2011 Dove Awards after landing six nominations apiece. Tomlin will compete for Best Male Vocalist and he'll will face off with tobyMac and artists such as Jason Crabb and Marvin Sapp for the Artist of the Year prize. Crabb is another multiple nominee with five, while Francesca Battistelli earned four mentions, including Best Female Vocalist.
The 42nd annual Dove Awards will be held in Atlanta, Georgia in April - the first time the ceremony has been held outside of Nashville, Tennessee. The nominees for the 42nd Annual Gospel Music Association (GMA) Dove Awards were announced at a press conference Wednesday, February 16. The GMA's Chairman of the Board Ed Leonard said, "We are very excited about that. It's our way of celebrating people who do it day in and day out."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle