Chris Tomlin and tobyMac Lead 2011 Dove Awards Nominations
Gospel singers Chris Tomlin and tobyMac are set to dominate the 2011 Dove Awards after landing six nominations apiece. Tomlin will compete for Best Male Vocalist and he'll will face off with tobyMac and artists such as Jason Crabb and Marvin Sapp for the Artist of the Year prize. Crabb is another multiple nominee with five, while Francesca Battistelli earned four mentions, including Best Female Vocalist.
The 42nd annual Dove Awards will be held in Atlanta, Georgia in April - the first time the ceremony has been held outside of Nashville, Tennessee. The nominees for the 42nd Annual Gospel Music Association (GMA) Dove Awards were announced at a press conference Wednesday, February 16. The GMA's Chairman of the Board Ed Leonard said, "We are very excited about that. It's our way of celebrating people who do it day in and day out."
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video