The Dalai Lama Is Mourning the Death of His Nephew
Buddhist leader the Dalai Lama is in mourning after his nephew was hit by a car and killed during a charity walk to raise awareness about Tibet's independence from China.
Jigme K. Norbu, 45, was taking part in the first leg of a 300-mile (482.8-kilometer) walk along the side of a coastal highway in Florida late on Monday, February 14, when he was struck by a sports utility vehicle. Highway Patrol authorities claim Norbu had been walking alone in the same direction as traffic when he was run over. The driver, Keith R. O'Dell, 31, had swerved in an attempt to avoid a collision.
Norbu, who lived in Indiana, spent much of his time campaigning to highlight the Tibetan cause, taking part in walks and bike rides across the world.
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?