The Dalai Lama Is Mourning the Death of His Nephew
Buddhist leader the Dalai Lama is in mourning after his nephew was hit by a car and killed during a charity walk to raise awareness about Tibet's independence from China.
Jigme K. Norbu, 45, was taking part in the first leg of a 300-mile (482.8-kilometer) walk along the side of a coastal highway in Florida late on Monday, February 14, when he was struck by a sports utility vehicle. Highway Patrol authorities claim Norbu had been walking alone in the same direction as traffic when he was run over. The driver, Keith R. O'Dell, 31, had swerved in an attempt to avoid a collision.
Norbu, who lived in Indiana, spent much of his time campaigning to highlight the Tibetan cause, taking part in walks and bike rides across the world.
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip