Deftones' Fans Created Riot After Show Delayed
Fans of the Deftones wrecked a venue on Tuesday night, February 15 when the rockers' gig in Bangkok, Thailand was axed - 90 minutes after they were due on stage. The band was scheduled to perform at the city's Thunder dome arena, but an hour-and-a-half after their time slot, organizers announced the show would no longer go ahead due to electrical problems at the venue.
Police lieutenant Tawatchai Jongyingcharoen says, "(The crowd) started throwing bottles at the stadium building, breaking windows and vandalism tents and beer booths outside the venue. Some of the tents were set on fire."
Now the Deftones have reached out to their fans to apologize. In a post on Twitter.com, a representative writes, "Due to local power issues that threatened the safety of the band and their fans, Deftones were forced to cancel their show last night at the Thunder dome in Bangkok, Thailand. Deftones would like to apologize to those that were inconvenienced and hope to return to Thailand in the near future. Refund info to follow soon." The Associated Press reports no one was injured or arrested during the incident.
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video