Deftones' Fans Created Riot After Show Delayed
Fans of the Deftones wrecked a venue on Tuesday night, February 15 when the rockers' gig in Bangkok, Thailand was axed - 90 minutes after they were due on stage. The band was scheduled to perform at the city's Thunder dome arena, but an hour-and-a-half after their time slot, organizers announced the show would no longer go ahead due to electrical problems at the venue.
Police lieutenant Tawatchai Jongyingcharoen says, "(The crowd) started throwing bottles at the stadium building, breaking windows and vandalism tents and beer booths outside the venue. Some of the tents were set on fire."
Now the Deftones have reached out to their fans to apologize. In a post on Twitter.com, a representative writes, "Due to local power issues that threatened the safety of the band and their fans, Deftones were forced to cancel their show last night at the Thunder dome in Bangkok, Thailand. Deftones would like to apologize to those that were inconvenienced and hope to return to Thailand in the near future. Refund info to follow soon." The Associated Press reports no one was injured or arrested during the incident.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo