Janet Jackson Has Given Parenthood Up to God
Janet Jackson is relying on a higher power to decide her future family plans, but insists she'd shower her children with love if she becomes a parent. The "Nasty" hit maker, 44, has never committed to having children, and has revealed the only time she ever seriously considered becoming a mother was when she met producer Jermaine Dupri, who she split from in 2009 after seven years of dating. But the star admits that since the breakdown of that relationship, she is leaving her future in the lap of the gods.
She tells CNN's Piers Morgan, "I've given that up to God. I never really thought about having children until I got with Jermaine Dupri, when he and I were together. That was the first time I really wanted to have children. I felt comfortable in the relationship at that time. How he would be as a father, how he is as a father - he has a little girl. But we're not together anymore so I don't know if I'll have kids. But I've really given it up to God, if it's meant to be."
She adds, "I hope (I'd make a great mother). Everyone for the longest has told me I make a great mother, and I'd ask why, and they'd say, 'You're very nurturing, you take care of people all the time,' so I don't know."
And when asked what she'd do differently from her disciplinarian dad Joseph, she replied, "(I'd give kids) a lot of attention, a lot of love, spend a lot of time (with them). I'd let them know how much I loved them all the time. They'd know. They wouldn't have to work, guess."
More Janet Jackson News
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party