Avril Lavigne Praised Boy George for Not Snubbing Her
Avril Lavigne has heaped praise on "friendly" Boy George after fearing he would snub her at the BRIT Awards just like Christina Aguilera did at a recent event.
The "SK8ER Boi" hit maker attended the Brits in London on Tuesday, February 15 and presented fellow Canadian Justin Bieber with the award for International Breakthrough Solo Artist. But that wasn't the highlight for her - after she handed out the honor, Lavigne spotted the Culture Club front man backstage, and apprehensively dared to approach him.
She tells U.K. TV network ITV2, "He (Boy George) was stood behind us... and I decided to walk over. I'm a very shy person... and I didn't know what he would do, and he said, 'Oh hi!' He knew who I was and I was like, 'Oh my God!' He was super nice, unlike Christina Aguilera, who was really mean to me when I said hi to her. You know what, I said to my friends, 'I'm gonna go over to Boy George and hopefully he won't pull a Christina on me."
She adds, "We're label mates, and I presumed (as) we have the same manager... I remember going over... and introducing myself and saying, 'Hi, we kinda do the same thing,' but I just kind of got (an ignorant laugh)."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018