Avril Lavigne Praised Boy George for Not Snubbing Her
Avril Lavigne has heaped praise on "friendly" Boy George after fearing he would snub her at the BRIT Awards just like Christina Aguilera did at a recent event.
The "SK8ER Boi" hit maker attended the Brits in London on Tuesday, February 15 and presented fellow Canadian Justin Bieber with the award for International Breakthrough Solo Artist. But that wasn't the highlight for her - after she handed out the honor, Lavigne spotted the Culture Club front man backstage, and apprehensively dared to approach him.
She tells U.K. TV network ITV2, "He (Boy George) was stood behind us... and I decided to walk over. I'm a very shy person... and I didn't know what he would do, and he said, 'Oh hi!' He knew who I was and I was like, 'Oh my God!' He was super nice, unlike Christina Aguilera, who was really mean to me when I said hi to her. You know what, I said to my friends, 'I'm gonna go over to Boy George and hopefully he won't pull a Christina on me."
She adds, "We're label mates, and I presumed (as) we have the same manager... I remember going over... and introducing myself and saying, 'Hi, we kinda do the same thing,' but I just kind of got (an ignorant laugh)."
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online
- More Than 90 People Hospitalized During Chance the Rapper's Connecticut Show