Avril Lavigne Praised Boy George for Not Snubbing Her
Avril Lavigne has heaped praise on "friendly" Boy George after fearing he would snub her at the BRIT Awards just like Christina Aguilera did at a recent event.
The "SK8ER Boi" hit maker attended the Brits in London on Tuesday, February 15 and presented fellow Canadian Justin Bieber with the award for International Breakthrough Solo Artist. But that wasn't the highlight for her - after she handed out the honor, Lavigne spotted the Culture Club front man backstage, and apprehensively dared to approach him.
She tells U.K. TV network ITV2, "He (Boy George) was stood behind us... and I decided to walk over. I'm a very shy person... and I didn't know what he would do, and he said, 'Oh hi!' He knew who I was and I was like, 'Oh my God!' He was super nice, unlike Christina Aguilera, who was really mean to me when I said hi to her. You know what, I said to my friends, 'I'm gonna go over to Boy George and hopefully he won't pull a Christina on me."
She adds, "We're label mates, and I presumed (as) we have the same manager... I remember going over... and introducing myself and saying, 'Hi, we kinda do the same thing,' but I just kind of got (an ignorant laugh)."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences