Avril Lavigne Praised Boy George for Not Snubbing Her
Avril Lavigne has heaped praise on "friendly" Boy George after fearing he would snub her at the BRIT Awards just like Christina Aguilera did at a recent event.
The "SK8ER Boi" hit maker attended the Brits in London on Tuesday, February 15 and presented fellow Canadian Justin Bieber with the award for International Breakthrough Solo Artist. But that wasn't the highlight for her - after she handed out the honor, Lavigne spotted the Culture Club front man backstage, and apprehensively dared to approach him.
She tells U.K. TV network ITV2, "He (Boy George) was stood behind us... and I decided to walk over. I'm a very shy person... and I didn't know what he would do, and he said, 'Oh hi!' He knew who I was and I was like, 'Oh my God!' He was super nice, unlike Christina Aguilera, who was really mean to me when I said hi to her. You know what, I said to my friends, 'I'm gonna go over to Boy George and hopefully he won't pull a Christina on me."
She adds, "We're label mates, and I presumed (as) we have the same manager... I remember going over... and introducing myself and saying, 'Hi, we kinda do the same thing,' but I just kind of got (an ignorant laugh)."
More Avril Lavigne News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance