Avril Lavigne Praised Boy George for Not Snubbing Her
Avril Lavigne has heaped praise on "friendly" Boy George after fearing he would snub her at the BRIT Awards just like Christina Aguilera did at a recent event.
The "SK8ER Boi" hit maker attended the Brits in London on Tuesday, February 15 and presented fellow Canadian Justin Bieber with the award for International Breakthrough Solo Artist. But that wasn't the highlight for her - after she handed out the honor, Lavigne spotted the Culture Club front man backstage, and apprehensively dared to approach him.
She tells U.K. TV network ITV2, "He (Boy George) was stood behind us... and I decided to walk over. I'm a very shy person... and I didn't know what he would do, and he said, 'Oh hi!' He knew who I was and I was like, 'Oh my God!' He was super nice, unlike Christina Aguilera, who was really mean to me when I said hi to her. You know what, I said to my friends, 'I'm gonna go over to Boy George and hopefully he won't pull a Christina on me."
She adds, "We're label mates, and I presumed (as) we have the same manager... I remember going over... and introducing myself and saying, 'Hi, we kinda do the same thing,' but I just kind of got (an ignorant laugh)."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'