Billy Ray Cyrus on Miley: I'm Scared for Her
Billy Ray Cyrus has slammed reports suggesting he's profiting from his daughter Miley Cyrus' phenomenal career success, insisting he's "never made a dime" off the teenager. The "Achy Breaky Heart" singer has opened up about his family troubles and his fears for the "Hannah Montana" star as she grows up in the public eye in a candid new GQ magazine interview.
In the article, Cyrus, who starred alongside Miley in "Hannah Montana", claims hit Disney show destroyed his family, and adds the 18 year old's aides are failing to protect her - referencing a string of scandals in recent months, including controversy over video footage showing her smoking a legal high from a bong.
Insisting he'd take "the damn show... back in a second" if he could, Billy Ray states, "I'm scared for her (Miley). She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger (sic). I want to get her sheltered from the storm."
And the 49 year old has taken exception to rumors his bank balance has been boosted by his daughter's fame, despite having his own singing and acting career revived by his role on "Hannah Montana". He tells the men's publication, "For the record, to set it straight, I want to tell you I've never made a dime off of Miley. You got a lot of people have made percentages off of her. I'm proud to say to this day I've never made one commissioned dollar, or dime, off of my daughter."
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack