Billy Ray Cyrus on Miley: I'm Scared for Her
Billy Ray Cyrus has slammed reports suggesting he's profiting from his daughter Miley Cyrus' phenomenal career success, insisting he's "never made a dime" off the teenager. The "Achy Breaky Heart" singer has opened up about his family troubles and his fears for the "Hannah Montana" star as she grows up in the public eye in a candid new GQ magazine interview.
In the article, Cyrus, who starred alongside Miley in "Hannah Montana", claims hit Disney show destroyed his family, and adds the 18 year old's aides are failing to protect her - referencing a string of scandals in recent months, including controversy over video footage showing her smoking a legal high from a bong.
Insisting he'd take "the damn show... back in a second" if he could, Billy Ray states, "I'm scared for her (Miley). She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger (sic). I want to get her sheltered from the storm."
And the 49 year old has taken exception to rumors his bank balance has been boosted by his daughter's fame, despite having his own singing and acting career revived by his role on "Hannah Montana". He tells the men's publication, "For the record, to set it straight, I want to tell you I've never made a dime off of Miley. You got a lot of people have made percentages off of her. I'm proud to say to this day I've never made one commissioned dollar, or dime, off of my daughter."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?