Billy Ray Cyrus on Miley: I'm Scared for Her
Billy Ray Cyrus has slammed reports suggesting he's profiting from his daughter Miley Cyrus' phenomenal career success, insisting he's "never made a dime" off the teenager. The "Achy Breaky Heart" singer has opened up about his family troubles and his fears for the "Hannah Montana" star as she grows up in the public eye in a candid new GQ magazine interview.
In the article, Cyrus, who starred alongside Miley in "Hannah Montana", claims hit Disney show destroyed his family, and adds the 18 year old's aides are failing to protect her - referencing a string of scandals in recent months, including controversy over video footage showing her smoking a legal high from a bong.
Insisting he'd take "the damn show... back in a second" if he could, Billy Ray states, "I'm scared for her (Miley). She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger (sic). I want to get her sheltered from the storm."
And the 49 year old has taken exception to rumors his bank balance has been boosted by his daughter's fame, despite having his own singing and acting career revived by his role on "Hannah Montana". He tells the men's publication, "For the record, to set it straight, I want to tell you I've never made a dime off of Miley. You got a lot of people have made percentages off of her. I'm proud to say to this day I've never made one commissioned dollar, or dime, off of my daughter."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked